On Saturday, April 9th my Grandma & Grandpa Vogel came to see me! We got to play all day together, inside & out, and had a great time. They brought me an early Easter basket with an automatic bubble maker & colored bubbles which is a ton of fun! I even know how to turn it on and its really fun to turn on inside even if Mom & Dad don't think so. Here's some pictures of us playing inside and outside & making bubbles:
It's a bubble maker!
Showing Grandpa how I LOVE to point to anything truck or tractor related.
Walking outside in our backyard and it was pretty windy so a little unsure...
Dad's setting up my swing set with a sandbox, pirate wheel, new tarp (*has torn since this picture was taken), etc. this spring however testing it out with Dad (*up top with me), Grandpa & Kato. I think Kato was jealous he couldn't go down the slide too.
Testing out the bubble maker however a little too windy though. It will be so fun for the summer!
After playtime we went out to eat and I got sweet potato fries! I've been getting good at sharing my food with others and Grandpa thought I was kidding around when I took a half chewed fry from my mouth & offered it to him. He jokingly opened his mouth however I got the last laugh as I snuck it into his! Wish you could have seen the look on Grandpa's face!
At 17 months I now...
- Have two more teeth, number 15 & 16, as of April 10th, so that is four new teeth in the past month! I have all my baby teeth except my second molars; what a big boy!
- Love to climb on everything including climbing under things to "hide". Here's me in our kitchen in a secret spot. I also like to climb under our dining room table, my highchair and hide behind the shower curtain to play peek-a-boo!
- Am very curious and love to explore everything. I even like to try to walk up & down stairs standing up, if Mom or Dad lets me, however do great going on my belly too.
- Love to stack including the cans in our pantry while Mom's cooking and can even get them as tall as me.
- Have learned to point to objects in books when Mom & Dad read to me like "moon", "star", "teddy bear", "tractor", "truck", etc. Still working on animals however I prefer things with wheels.
- Am learning actions to songs like "Row, Row, Row, Your Boat" & "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and even trying to play small instruments at daycare during music time. I also am working on putting objects in the matching hole in my shape matching bucket and even know how to work my car ramp and more complex toys.
In addition to turning 17 months on Wed., April 13th this past week I also visited my Great Grandma Betty a couple of times in the hospital as she was healing from surgery. I must say I loved playing peek-a-boo with the room curtain and running up and down the halls at the hospital. So much to look at and new things to explore. I learned to interact more with kids at daycare too including having my own game of peek-a-boo with my friend Tiny Tots friend Skylar on Monday the 11th.
On the 13th I had a temperature of 102 and when we went back to the doctor sure enough my ear infection slightly returned on my right side, so I went back on antibiotics in addition to my preventative meds. The hope is I'll be fully healed by the time we see the specialist again on the 21st. By the afternoon of the 14th I felt like myself again however stayed home with Mom to be safe. On the 15th we met Mom's good friends Emily & her son Max and Kelly & her son Miller for lunch and a play date in the Twin Cities. I had so much fun however I did have a hard time taking a nap as I was having too much fun to miss anything. I did sleep hard on the drive home though. The rest of the weekend we pretty much hung out at home. We did get to eat at the "drive in" after church on Sunday the 17th in which I found out I don't mind fries. I wasn't allowed to try the rootbeer maybe next time. What a fun week and can't wait for Easter this next week!


