Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 8, 2013

Sayings of a 3 & a 1/4 year old!

Hayden & Hudson's Mama here wanting to share some Hayden's more recent fun/silly sayings...the things that little kids think of & say!  They are too honest, too cute and we must record so we can remember years to come.  Hayden, you make us laugh every day and continually surprise us & make us reflect.  You are such a blessing and a pure pleasure to have in our lives!  We thank God everyday for giving us you (*& of course your brother Hudson)!

Here are some of the more recent & favorite sayings from our 3 & a 1/4 year old:
  • Potty training leads to lots of interesting sayings & our world seems to currently revolve around potty breaks.  We do have to admit we love when Hayden has a success, proclaims "I did it" and then gives us the biggest hug & smile there is (*pants or no pants)!
  • March 11th - After another Sunday snowstorm we tackled snowdrifts on the way to & from DC/work.  Both ways the boys giggled & got more excited with each drift our daring mini-van hit.  Hayden kept saying things like, "Mama, go faster", "Mama, that's a BIG one", "Again, again!"
  • March 21st - Hayden was sitting in my lap and we just finished reading a story and he grabbed my arms, put them around him and said, "I'm safe". 
  • March 25th - Hayden was playing with some farm equipment and got out his mini & large skid loaders.  He said I could be the mini-skid loader and he'd be the big one.  I then asked him if he was the king of the skid loaders and Hayden promptly corrected me and said, "No, I'm the DADDY of the skid loaders."  As of course a Daddy is higher up & better than some lousy king!
  • March 25th - It was about bath/bed time and we asked Hayden if he wanted to do something and he said, "No, I gotta go hop in the shower".  Proceeded to turn on the shower & get ready for his own big boy shower!
  • March 26th - On the way home from DC I asked Hayden what he did today and he told me he had to go to the doctor.  I asked him what was wrong and he told me "I'm sick, I see Dr. Ethan.  I'm better now."  Of course Ethan is his best bud at DC and found out later that apparently they had played "hospital", Hayden was a "firefighter" and needed help from Dr. Ethan.  Kids & their imaginations!
  • March 31st - On the way to church we had Sirius '90's on 9 channel on and a Fat Boy Slim song started to play which prompted Hayden to boogie in his car seat and say, "Rock it Daddy!" and then, "Shake it Mommy".  We were crying with laughter as we were rockin' & shakin' it and don't worry if we slowed down or stopped Hayden had us going again until the song stopped!