Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Twin Cities Fun and introducing Bane!

On Fri., May 17th I had my 6 mth, and second ever dentist check and I did great!  Last time I barely let them check me out and this time I let them not only count my teeth but clean them, put on fluoride and everything.  I & even Hudson got tooth brushes and a toy.  Mom was so proud of me!  Afterwards to celebrate we took Great Grandma Betty out for breakfast at Country Kitchen and had a awesome time catching up over pancakes.
 
Grandma Anne came up just in time for dinner as we were going to have an early morning adventure to the Twin Cities.  Unfortunately around bath time Hudson spiked a high fever and started to get sick.  Dad & Mom took him to urgent care while Grandma and I did bedtime stories, prayers & songs.  Found out Hudson in addition to strep earlier in the week now has an ear infection - poor thing.  Got him on meds however on Sat., May 18th he had to stay home with Daddy; between us I don't think he minded all the extra cuddle time!
 
So early Saturday morning Grandma Anne, Mom and I went to the Twin Cities to participate in the Twin Cities Kids Fun Run.  We arrived to down pouring rain & lots of lightening so year two of no Fun Run and no Como Zoo meeting the PBS characters like Clifford & Curious George.  Grandma says hopefully next spring the third time or third year will work!  So we got our t-shirts and medals for "trying" and look forward to trying again next spring.
 
So we went to plan B.  We met up with our good friends the Grunden's as they were going to run with us (*just a 1/2 mile run for kids with parents) and went to a Lakeshore Learning to get some fun learning/craft stuff and Katelyn and I even made crafts!  Here's my love bird I made (hearts are the mouth!):
 
Afterwards we headed to France Ave. to do a little shopping - here's me "shopping" at another kids store; aren't I a cute lion?
While shopping we ran into the Sutcliffe's which was a treat and I got to play a bit with Max - I told mom he's my friend and we'll just have to see him again soon.  Add a play date to the agenda!
 
Since it was still raining up next we went to the Sea Life Aquarium at the Mall of America; we had a blast getting to see and even touch some awesome see life.  Here's Grandma Anne and I checking out & touching some star fish and other shelled creatures. 
I loved how close to the tanks you got and how close the sea life was...here's one of my favorites the sea horses.  They moved so slowly & gracefully they were fun to watch.  I also enjoyed getting to see a lion fish and kept talking about it however couldn't get a good picture through the glass so just have to go there & check them out - totally worth it! 
Next we went through the tunnels which the sharks and other larger fish swam right above and by us - so cool (*and have to admit a little scary).  Hopefully some day we can even come back to swim in the tank with them but I have to be a bit older. 
After our walk through we did the behind the scenes tour where we got to explore & touch some past on sea life, see where the fish kitchen is and what they eat, and the best part going to see the tanks and some sea life that isn't open to the general public.  I really liked getting to see up close all the turtles.  Pretty cool.  Here I am listening and learning very eagerly with our guide: 
Thanks Grandma for coming up we had a fun trip and hopefully next time Hudson can join us.  On Sun., May 19th Grandpa Scott came up with some stuff for Uncle Jared so they met in Blue Earth after church to have lunch with us.  Uncle Jared just got a new puppy so Kato's cousin - Bane!  Here's the cute little guy: 
We really enjoyed getting to pet and play with him and we even took him to the park after lunch and played around.  He's got lots of energy and very lovable.  He's also got monster paws so he might not stay small for too long! 
Hudson just loved Bane and couldn't get enough, including of his tail!  Here we are with Grandpa Scott trying to chase Bane down.  Can't wait for Kato & Bane's first puppy play date! 
Our fun weekend continued into a fun week of just DC and home.  Nice to relax a bit!  Today, May 23rd was extra fun as we started to get some of the summer toys out at DC.  Hudson played with the water table for the first time and just loved it!  Did have to get a change of clothes eventually though :)  Up next Hudson's big ENT appointment tomorrow, the 24th!