We've had lots of happenings recently - nice & busy! On Mon., June 17th Hudson finally had his 18th month check-up (*postponed due to surgery). Found out he's a healthy, growing boy. Although lots some initial weight after surgery he's on the rebound. He's up to 34 inches tall - 84% and 30 lbs. - 90%. On Tues., June 18th after DC we hosted our Little Giants Annual Summer Grill out at Juba's food stand. Our fundraiser continued to help fund our toddler & big kids playgrounds - we raised enough for shelters!
On Sat., June 22nd Mom, Hudson & I met Anna, Ava & Rex Oswald at the Blue Earth Public Library because apparently when you turn 3 you're old enough for a library card! Here's me signing my first identification form!
Here's me with my very own library card!
After checking things out Hudson & I went home with some Curious George books, a few truck / construction books and even a dinosaur book. I could barely get into the care before I had to get them out! Here's Ava and I with our big check-outs!
Afterwards we all went to Wal-Mart together to get some necessities and the big news of the trip it was my first trip in public with underwear on and no accidents! I'm happy to report I've gotten better and better at using the potty and the past few weekends I've done nothing but underwear so we decided to take the plunge - I'm a big kid!
We also went to Hudson's first & my second movie! We went to the Kee Theater for a showing of Monsters University. I did awesome and Hudson got a little stir crazy towards the end but made it through - oh, he LOVED the popcorn! Handful after handful (*although Dad would argue he got more on the floor than in his mouth!)
Meanwhile at daycare the past couple of weeks they've been wrapping up putting together our first ever Little Giants Yearbook! With that came some fun shots including the two below of me & Hudson:
Here's Hudson & Hudson's latest artwork:
In addition to prepping for the yearbook Hudson has been working on more coloring, as you can see above, even doing some stamping, working on shapes & sorting shapes, and played with play dough for the first time on June 21st! The biggest news is from today - Hudson has been improving his table manners & graduated from a high chair to a big kids table/chair!
I've been working going potty full time, had a unit on flying (birds, insects, planes & helicopters) and we even did painting in a spiral paint machine! Next up a unit on 4th of July, independence, fireworks, red, white and blue.



