On Saturday, Sept. 11th I worked on giving up my pacifier for good. Yep, had two naps without it! I did get a little fussy going down at first & I did need it a little at bedtime but pretty good for my first day. I did awesome on Sunday, Sept. 12th because I didn't need it at all! Even went to bed without it. The good thing is I've got lots of extra cuddle time with Mom & Dad as I think they were more worried about it then I was! By today I've gone a week and haven't needed it; as Dad says quit cold turkey.
On Monday, Sept. 13th I turned 10 months old and can do even more stuff including:
- Stand holding on to someone or something
- Pull self up to stand; did for the 1st time with an object instead of a person with a dollhouse at daycare on Sept. 1, 2010.
- Around August 20, 2010, I started taking steps while holding hands
- Started feeding self smaller items like puffs, Cheerios and bananas as of August 30 & 31, 2010
- I pull myself into a standing position & can sit back down with someones help
- Can sometimes "play ball" where I roll a ball back & forth with you
- I can hold my sippy cup & drink (*which I went up to the next Nuk size for 6 to 18 months)
- Had more firsts including 1st ISU football game, 1st horse drawn carriage ride, 1st cut up fruits such as peaches, plums, plucot (*hybrid of plum & apricot), bananas, strawberries, blueberries, melons, etc.
- And of course gave up my pacifier!
Did I mention I also get around really well by rolling (*a lot!), scooting, marine crawling on my tummy, spinning and pushing off. I'm getting really close to crawling but not quite yet; I think I'd rather walk. Here are a couple of pictures of getting up on my knees and then as Mom says "nothing"; yep, I go back to a sitting position or roll over to inspect something. We'll get there soon. Either way I can't be left in one spot anymore as I'm always on the move! Do you like my overalls with the little trains on them? Mom thought they were pretty cute and fun to break out the fall wardrobe. Sad that Dad & Grandpa Allen are in the field but the sooner they get out there the sooner they will be done. Here's to a happy & blessed harvest.


