Here's me having no clue what was about to happen! Well, that was what Dad & Mom said as we drove to Ames, IA for my very first Iowa State football game on Thursday, September 2nd. We didn't tailgate but we got to see a lot of family & friends including Grandpa Scott, Uncle Jared, Cousin Deb, Julie & Joe, Brad, Wendy & Ethan, Cory and a whole lot more. It was amazing!
Here's Dad, Mom & me just before kick-off which was at 7:00 p.m. It was so fun to see "the pride of Iowa State" meaning the band, smoke rise on the field and the players rush out. I didn't even get scared when the cannons went off or when people were cheering & yelling. I must say I had a hard time focusing on the game with so much to look at and see.
Here's Mom, Dad, Grandpa Scott, Uncle Jared and me hanging out in lucky row 25. Notice I have a cool ISU Jacket on that my Geat Uncle Craig & Aunt Mary Kay got me. It got kind of chilly and it kept me toasty warm. Speaking of warm...
...do you like my Mohawk inspired Iowa State hat? I got many complements on it. Mom & Dad thought it was fun to watch the other carry me through the crowd and every time someone saw me & my hat they smiled. I guess everyone was jealous and wanted one too. While at the game I think everyone was also jealous of my foam finger I got to bring back to my friends at daycare. We love playing with it and cheering on the Cyclones each day.
One of the best parts of the night was that during halftime I got to see my friend Ethan and his parents Brad & Wendy. He is so much fun to be around I couldn't help smiling! Hopefully we'll see them at another game and get to hang out again soon! Here's my future AGR pledge brother, Ethan & me with our Moms.
After halftime we went back into the game for a little bit, it was after my bedtime after all, but we had to say good-bye to Grandpa Scott & Uncle Jared. Here's us watching the Cyclones grab their first victory against Northern Illinois for a final score of 27 to 10. What a way to start off the season. We then stayed the night in Ames and met our good friends Emily & Spencer for breakfast. I think Mom was pretty excited as she kept talking about how Emily had tried to meet me 5 other times but old man winter wouldn't allow it. We had an awesome breakfast and I even got to try fresh blueberries & melons for the first time. I got one of my favorites, strawberries, too! Yummy!
Afterwards we went to Waterloo, IA for the weekend to see some of my grandparents on Mom's side. We surprised Great Grandpa Richard after his surgery to deliver some well wish hugs. While Mom & Dad played cards with Great Grandpa Richard & Grandpa Mark I got to play with Great Grandma Mary & Grandma Dawn. It was a ton of fun. Here's me with Grandpa Richard & Grandma Mary. I also got to see Grandpa Mark and Grandma Dawn's new home and its awesome! They even made me a play area that I can't wait to run around in.
On Saturday, Sept. 4th I got to see Grandma Anne and Grandpa Scott and even had dinner with Great Grandma Shirely & Grandpa Pete. Here we are hanging out before dessert. Part of the dinner was me entertaining everyone with my true Cyclone skills. Yep, instead of teaching me "so big" I was taught to raise my arms when we said "Go Cyclones!" Here's a quick video so you can see how impressive I am! Note how intense my face & fists are!


