Here are some of my awesome artwork:
Had a lot of fun with brown although I was running low by the time I got to the bear.
I thought a black crow was boring so did greens and blues. Note I was smarter than I realized and even made a yellowish color! Color is a lot more fun.
On Tues., Aug. 9, 2011, I found a new book at daycare which was filled with full pages of trucks & tractors. Mrs. Jean thought it was "composed" for me. I also had lots of fun "jumping on the bed" as we read & played no more monkeys jumping on the bed or rather trampoline. On Wed., Aug. 10, 2011, Mrs. Jean was excited that I said, "Pop" when we played with bubbles and said, "Bump, Bump" when we went on a buggy ride. I even said, "Star" and pointed to our star mobile in the room on Thurs. Aug. 11, 2011, which surprised Mrs. Jean. When we had our sing-a-long time with the Sprouts room in the afternoon we were singing "Row, row, row your boat" which I didn't really want to sing so I made the alligator chomp motion and said, "Alligator", as that was the song I wanted to sing. You should have seen the look on Mrs. Jean and Ms. Linda's faces when I did that. I think they were surprised! Hey, a boy wants what he wants.
On Saturday, Aug. 13, 2011, I turned 21 months and how I've grown over the past month. Here are some of my big changes:
- I'm staying steady at about 33 - 35 lbs. however have grown taller and now am in mostly 3T clothes pending brand.
- I'm talking a lot more, even if no one can understand what I'm saying, and love to say the animal noise when Mom & Dad ask me something like, "What does the lion say" and I respond "roar" and even sometimes with my "paws" up like a lion or the motion of a monkey. Other sounds I do are for a puppy dog, horse, cow, chicken, monkey, sheep (*which is my favorite to do), etc.
- I play more independently, listen to & follow instructions more, help pick-up my toys or whatever we need to like hand Mom my cup, imitate actions, give kisses & hugs and even eat better with my spoon / fork as well as make fewer messes.
- I'm an awesome climber! I can climb up the stairs to the slide or anything else at the playground, the ladder to my top bunk (*so we keep the ladder put away), the chairs at our counter, etc. Watch out world!
- I'm getting better at getting dressed and help with putting on my shoes and coat (*will retrieve them) and if I really want to go outside I'll get your shoes and help you put them on too!
- I'm getting better at doing puzzles and matching shapes. I barely get frustrated with it and will try until I figure it out. I like to do it over and over and over again.
- I love exploring and touching everything and picking things up to figure what they are. A leaf, a rock, stick, etc. I love trying to figure out how things work especially if there is a lever, handle, etc.
- I point to more body parts when asked such as nose, head, eyes, ears, etc. and am learning to help brush my teeth better & even stick out my tongue to help!
- I am starting to show real signs of independence when I don't get my way. I am starting to react and if I get scolded I show signs of embarrassment and/or that I know better like look down or hide my head under my arms. A good example is if we are walking somewhere and I want to go another direction I'll sit down where I am and stop walking.
- The biggest change this past month is I found out I'll have a little brother which means I've been moving my toys, clothes, etc to my big boy room. Later this month we'll start taking naps and slowly transitioning, if I'm ready, to my new room. I do love playing in there though!
This past weekend on Friday, Aug. 12th I got to go to Waterloo, IA for my Grandma & Grandpa Sergeant's 25th wedding anniversary. Their big day isn't until October 4th however celebrating a bit early. We had lots of fun playing, seeing family and I even got a big boy inflatable bed that has a Buzz Lightyear sleeping bag that I slept in for the first time like a big boy. I slept in it all night and did an excellent job. Today, on Sun., Aug. 14th, we all went to Rochester, MN, to see my Great-Grandpa Pete as he's been in the hospital for the past few weeks. We brought lots of love & prayers to him and while we were waiting to see him I got to see a bright, blue helicopter take off from the roof right above me. I just kept saying, "Wooowww!" as it was really neat and I was sad when I didn't get to see it come back. We had a very nice weekend with family and got to play lots & lots! This upcoming week we have my appointment with the Ears, Nose & Throat doctor so we're anxious to meet with her and see what she says. Keep you posted!


