Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Big Boy Room!

Had a great week at daycare this past week.  On Monday, August 1, 2011, I tried to pet our class fish!  They said we couldn't pet them but they did let me feed them instead which was fun and I kind of got it everywhere.  On Wed., August 3rd I really enjoyed our small playground because I got to see an up close show of the Blue Earth city trucks prepare and pave a road near by.  They even brought in a digger that I got to see them operate.  My teachers thought it was pretty funny that I sat still watching them for 15 minutes straight!  I did think they were pretty amazing.  After daycare Dad was out of town for work so Mom & I had a date night.  We went to the pool and played.  Mom said I still have no fear because even if I got to the deep end I kept tyring to walk even if the water was at my neck/head.  I loved the shallow end because I could lay on my belly and pretend to swim.  It is always fun at the pool.  Afterwards we went out to dinner just the two of us.  Can you believe I can eat an entire sandwich all by myself!?!  I was pretty hungry.  I must say I was worn out by the time we got home & slept really well.  I started having trouble sleeping this past week as my 2nd molars are starting to come in.  The very last of my baby teeth.  I think Mom is a little sad.

On Thurs., Aug. 4th we got to color "food" at daycare and make a picture picnic on the wall.  We then sat around discussing what we want to be when we grow up and when Ms. Linda asked me and of course I said, "tractor".  One of the older kids from the oldest room, the Explorers, said I couldn't be a tractor but Ms. Linda corrected him and explained I could drive one and work with one when I grow up so it counts.  Dad was most happy with my response.  We stopped by the shop and saw Grandpa & Grandma on our way home and they liked my response too.  When we stopped I got to drive a tractor with Grandpa which made my day and confirmed I wanted to be a tractor.  Again I was pretty hungry when we got home and I ate a whole taco plus more!  Dad & Mom are pretty impressed with my growing appetite.

On Friday, Aug. 5th my new big boy furniture came and we began setting up my new room.  As you'll see we painted the walls a fun transportation theme.  The top color is Behr's Grass Cloth, the bottom is Behr's Deep Royal and my road or the border stripe is Behr's Colorado Springs with Grass Cloth stripes.  We added Wallies Trains, Planes & Trucks peel & stick wall decals which I actually helped smooth on the walls with Dad & Mom.  I'm still pretty excited about them and go to them and point at them each time I'm in my room.  Dad worries when I start sleeping in there I won't!  We picked out Signature Design by Ashley Furniture twin over twin bunk beds and chest dresser.  I had a lot of fun jumping on my new mattresses and love climbing up the ladder which yes, I can do all by myself.  We picked out Pottery Barn Kids bedding which just happens to be named, "the Hayden Bedding Collection".  They must have designed it just for me!  Especially since the Hayden Sheet Set is full of cars, trucks and tractors!  When I first saw them I hugged them and ran around the room holding them which I'm sure you'll find hard to believe.  Although we haven't moved all my stuff over and need to put my art up on the walls here is a sneak peek at my new big boy room:
 We even made a matching light switch plate cover & night light!  I picked out the fire truck to be by my bed and I picked out my car pillow which I hugged the whole time we were in the store.
 Dad decided to put my red fire truck here and I can't wait to fill my dresser up.  Right now I just enjoy opening and closing the drawers.
 We moved in some of my toys to begin playing in my room and to get me use to it.  Mom said starting in September I'll take my naps in my room and slowly transition nights pending how I do and what I'm ready for.  We even got side rails so I don't fall out!
 Here's my favorite decal, the tractor.  I got to place it right when you walk in so the first one you see when you come through the door and the last one I see when I go to sleep as it's across from my bed.  Grandma Anne likes that it is green.
 Mom made clouds to go with my airplane and I love looking up and pointing to it.
Dad's favorite decal, next to the tractor, is my cement truck.  Looks like the cement is turning doesn't it?  I hope you like the start of my new room as I sure am excited about it.

After having an eventual Friday setting up my new room I got to have a Dad weekend as Mom was gone for her annual girl's weekend with her college friends.  On Saturday Dad and I did manly things like go to the Home Depot and went to two parks I've never explored before in Albert Lea.  We even got ice cream before we headed home.  After dinner we went to the Hansen's annual party which I got to see my good friends Ava and Addison.  Addison is getting closer to keeping up with us as Ava & I had a ton of fun running around all over the yard.  I was so tired when I got home that I slept in almost until 9 a.m. on Sunday!  Dad had to wake me up so we could get ready for church.  Dad said I was pretty well behaved all through church and after some fun at the shop and after a big lunch Dad and I (*and Kato) took a long afternoon nap.  I had a blast during my guys weekend but was also excited to give Mom a big hug when she got home.  What a fun week!