Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Farming of Yesteryear...

Today Grandma & Grandpa Vogel came up for a visit and we took them to meet Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard at the 29th Annual Threshing Festival: Farming of Yesteryear at Kiester, MN.
We had a great time checking out the pumpkin shooter, threshing, sawmill, country store, gas engines & of course all the older tractors.  They had the tractors, of all kinds & all years, lined up prior to the parade for us to walk around and inspect.  I was really interested in the orange tractors as you don't see them very often and of course the green, John Deere ones.  Here's me, Grandma Judy & Grandma Dawn checking some out:
Here's Daddy, Grandpa Allen, Hudson & Grandpa Mark checking out some Oliver's:
One really neat exhibit was the world's slowest tractor "Fourtrans" which moves one foot (12 inches) per hour in the lowest gear!  Take a long time to get anything done with it but as Mom kidded Dad it is a Ford!  Here's Hudson & I with the world's slowest tractor.  Pretty fun we've seen the world's largest & now slowest tractors this year!
Here's Hudson checking out one more his size; he grabbed right on & kept trying to reach the pedals...maybe next year!
At 1:30 p.m. they held a tractor parade; I was so excited!  We had seats right up front and enjoyed some interesting deep fried food during the parade.  There was deep fried Twinkies, cookie dough and Oreo cookies.  Let's just say the only one that tasted good was the Oreo one.  Here's one of "my" orange tractors going by...I wish all parades were just of tractors (*oh, & fire trucks!)
After the parade we got to visit the Children's Barnyard and I got to feed the Mama cow called "18".  Yes, that's right her name was 18 and her calf's name was Daisy.  I kept saying, "Here Mama Cow" and give her some hay and she'd come right over and eat it!  I even got to feed her a scoop of corn which she liked way better than hay.  It was so much fun hanging out with her and seeing all the other animals.  I really liked the horses too. 
 We had a fun filled day & even had wrestling practice with Grandpa Mark after we got home!  After bath time we had special story time in Dad & Mom's room and Hudson & I got the giggle fits as you can see here.  Feel so blessed & loved for our family.
Up next...Hudson's first combine ride.  They will be picking corn by our home farm tomorrow so we're hoping to hitch a ride!  Can't wait!