Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 10, 2012

Hudson's 1st Combine Ride & Hayden Starts Pre-school!

Today, Sept. 10, 2012, I started Pre-school, well, I started my first day in the Lil' Explorers or the pre-school room at Little Giants.  I'm rather young yet but since a lot of my older friends are moving up they thought they'd let me try with one day a week to start & see how I do.  I loved it & did great!  I had so much fun exploring everything, trying new learning styles & units and loved the big kids playground.  Most of our routines are very similar to the Lil' Sprouts room except now we take our naps in the room & our feeding schedule is slightly different.  Both rooms we continue to work on potty training and basic skills such as listening, self control, sharing, patience, etc.  This room marks that I have new teachers & they told Mommy I did really good for my first day.   I can't wait until next Monday!

Today also marks the first official day of fall as the tractors are now in the field.  Grandpa Allen & the men were harvesting at the trust farm right by our home farm & so we were able to sneak a ride.  We got a special treat as Daddy was delivering a truck when we arrived so all four of us Prestegard men had to get in a picture.  Here's us with Grandpa & Daddy entering the combine:
For Hudson's first time in a combine he didn't do too bad.  Didn't get scared of the noises or size or anything.  Just like his brother!  He was really taken with the bright, shiny sliver John Deere logo on the steering wheel & actually was able to twist it off - smart guy!  He also liked watching the corn & kept looking around at everything.  Here's rookie driver Hudson with Grandpa Allen:
By now I'm an old pro at climbing up the ladder to the cab and taking the wheel (*well, I do my best at driving straight).  I love watching & learning about everything.  Here's me with Grandpa Allen: 
What a special treat to ride in the combine with Grandpa & hang out with Daddy.  We always miss him this time of year as he's super busy working but cherish these moments:
Another special treat was the Hansen's came out & Addison got her first combine ride too.  I was a little bummed I couldn't go again & drive with her but there is only so much room in the cab.  Happy we were able to share harvest time with them.  Maybe again but in beans!
Up next...my first day of gymnastics!