Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Disney On Ice: Worlds of Fantasy

On Tues., Feb. 26, 2013, we are happy to report Hudson's 15 mth & post-hospital stay check-ups went very well.  His lungs had much improved and other than losing a little weight he seemed to be back to our happy, healthy Huddy!  At 15 mths Hudson is now at 32.5 inches long and 27 lbs. 8 oz.; in the 87 percentiles.  Growing little man.  On Wed., Feb. 27th I ended up with a 24 hours tummy bug but was myself by Friday so we're thankful to have everyone back to normal, finally!  I was a little bummed to miss a day of daycare as that week we were learning all about dinosaurs.  I really like the triceratops and T-Rex.  This week it's now been all about lions!
 
On Sun., March 1, 2013, we had a family fun day by going to the Twin Cities for Disney on Ice: Worlds of Fantasy.  It was fun walking around downtown by the Target Center & getting lunch before the show.  Our show started at 1 p.m. and it was a magical experience.  The show featured four favorite Disney stories including Cars, The Little Mermaid, Pixie Hollow with Tinker Bell & Toy Story 3.  Our favorites were of course Cars & Toy Story as I LOVE Mater & Woody the Cowboy.  Here's our family ready for the show:
The show started with Mickey & friends or as I call it, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" (*one of my favorite shows!).  Then we got revved up for non-stop fun with Cars that were actual cars!  We got to watch thrilling, high-speed stunts with Lightning McQueen, Mater, Sally & gang. 
The did an excellent job at creating an enchanting undersea kingdom for the Little Mermaid and it was fun watching the fairies of Pixie Hollow fly around (*even in the actual air!).  Finally it came time for Toy Story 3 and Woody!  Here's Buzz Lightyear wrangling up Jessie, Bullseye, Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head & team.  It was a rambunctious adventure at Sunnyside Daycare as in the movie when they raced to get home to Andy.
The star of my show Woody (*note whenever he or Mater were not on the ice I would ask where they went - very cute!):
Soon it was time for the show to end and all the characters came back out to say good-bye.  Hudson loved the show and kept clapping the entire time and I was all smiles & giggles.  The skating was dazzling as were the special effects, and it was fun to spend the afternoon with some of our favorite characters.  What fun memories.  We were barely on the road and both Hudson & I were out - two very tired boys but such a fun Sunday!
Big news this week is Hudson is now forward facing in his car seat!  He's past the limits and was so excited to be able to see everyone and look around.  Here he is on the big day, Wed., March 6th right after Mom placed him in his new direction.  He was a little sad to learn he still needed to be restricted or buckled in but still happy fella. 
This was a big week for me too as I was the Superstar this week at daycare!  I got to pick out pictures to take in and even got to answer some questions and put together a paper Hayden!  Of course we decorated with a John Deere tractor shirt with work boots and I think it turned out pretty good.  Here's me with my board, I was so proud and kept telling everyone, "I'm a superstar!"
This weekend we've enjoyed a quiet weekend indoors, for the most part.  We did enjoy going to church today where I got to participate in my first Sunday School class (*Mommy stayed with me too!) and then we got a special treat by seeing Grandma Great Betty, Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard and Cousin Hannah at the local pancake breakfast.  I got to see some of my friends too like Addison, her Dad & grandparents, Ava's grandparents & even Great Uncle & Aunt Loren & Jean!  It was an awesome family affair.  Hope all of you are staying warm & enjoying, what we hope, are the last few days of winter!  XOXO, Hayden & Hudson