Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

What a week...

What a week! Since our last update Hudson had developed a throat infection and by Fri., Feb. 15th it turned into RSV/bronchitis and had to be hospitalized as his oxygen was in the lower 80's. By Sunday late afternoon Hudson was released with a variety of neb medicines and to rest but was starting to breathe easier & feeling a little better. He's been home all week and by Thursday was eating & playing again! Daddy & Mommy had déjà vu as this same time last year Hudson was hospitalized for RSV/pneumonia!  Good news is he’s back to normal and almost done with his treatments.  We look forward to his follow-up appointment this upcoming week to hear good news!
 
This past week we also enjoyed a nice Valentine's Day at home with some fun presents & cake!  Yep, Mom made us a 4 layered white cake filled with love or a red-velvet heart:
Here's the inside:
And by the slice:
Of course on Valentine's Day we had a party at daycare and for the first time I got to make a Valentine's Day "box".  I wanted to make a firestruck and Mom helped me make it happen.  For the past few weeks we worked on it here and there and here's our finished product - Hayden FD Firetruck.  I was most excited about the wheels as I cut them myself & Mom trimmed.  I'm getting really good with scissors & actually favor my left hand!  Here I am with my firetruck Valentine's Day box; I was pretty proud!

The front complete with me driving & my fire dog, Spot:
Side view & the top had a ladder which we lifted up to put the Valentine's Day treats inside:
Back/other side view: 
On Sat., Feb. 16th we got to go to the Hilton in Ames, IA for Hudson's first ISU Men's Basketball game and we won! We played Texas Tech and won 86 to 66. It was our Christmas present from Uncle Jared and it was awesome to have Jared and Grandpa Scott there with us. Jared even stayed the weekend with us. We ate at Wallaby's afterwards where Mommy worked in college! Unfortunately our camera's battery died during the game so the only photo we have is this one just before the game started!
Way to go Cyclones; good luck vs Kanasa Monday night!