We've had lots going on at daycare this past month so thought you might enjoy a quick update. In January our themes in the Explorer room included Snowpals, Bears, Penguins/Winter fun, Community helpers/Groundhogs. We actually got to build 2 snowmen on our playground as we finally had some snow and it was fun to learn about spheres & make them in different sizes to build our snowmen.
For our bear unit we went on a quest to find a bear which included climbing mountains, swimming through the peanut butter river, stomping through the jello swamp and even visiting a candy store! For community helpers we learned all about the different jobs in our community that help us. My favorite is the firemen although it was fun to learn about the post office, police people, etc. We have also been working on lacing, eye/hand coordination and following directions. Some of my most favorite times this past month have been in art class. Here are some of my masterpieces:
My strawberry with paint & glitter!
I loved learning about penguins although I thought the traditional black & white was boring so I went with my two favorite colors green & orange! Mom & Dad are impressed I'm starting to color more within the lines & even specific parts of a picture. Notice how the beak is orange!
One of my favorite activities of the month was learning to use water colors! I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to leave the center and Ms. Betsy let me paint 3 of them!
In Febuary our themes include hearts & glitter, numbers with red, white & pink, all about our body's senses and dinosaurs! Can't wait to learn all about each one.
Hudson has been learning lots in the Sweetpeas room too. His favorite activities include playing with blocks, opening & shutting everything especially in the play kitchen were there are lots of doors and just cruising around. So close to walking; nearly there!
On Mon., Feb. 4th we learned poor Hudson's ear infection had not cleared up so on to drops with a steroid he went. Hopefully this new med will be the cure! The good news he's still in good spirits. Up next the reptile zoo, oh, my!


