Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Our "Adventureland" Adventure...

After work/dinner on Friday, Aug. 30th the four of us headed to Des Moines, IA, for a quick family vacation.  We were blessed with 4 day passes to Adventureland that Grandma/pa Sergeant won so on Sat., Aug. 31st we spent the day having a great time & our very own "adventure"!
 
First stop at the park was the train and it was awesome!  Here's Daddy & I riding ahead of Mom & Hudson...
Here's Mom & Hudson (*like his New Sheriff in Town shirt?!)
We did all the "kiddie" rides we could, next up the carousel!  Notice I started "posing" for the camera officially this trip...just wait it gets even better!
Our second favorite ride of the day, we only did 3 or 4 times was the airplanes!  They even had their own pilot sticks which I got to control if we went up or down.  It was soo cool!
We tried our hands at some games and were successful at "go fish".  Hudson won a green frog and I won a red frog which Dad named, "the Red Baron".
We went on the "kiddie" Ferris wheel, the Chuck Wagon, which wasn't too exciting but Mommy got to ride with! 
We also enjoyed the boats which Hudson wasn't too sure at first but...
Once he found out the boats sat atop real water he was all in, literally!  The entire ride he spent over the edge trying to get into the water, splash and play in it.  He was so happy!
Next we rode the sky lift and from above we saw our next ride...the semi-trucks!  I could barely contain myself and once we got there Hudson & I even picked out own trucks as we didn't want to share the big rigs!  Here's the Sinclair ride (*I'm in the blue one & Hudson is in the black in this picture): 
Of course we had to ride again & again...next time I was in the red one &...
Hudson was in the blue!  It was not a pretty site when we had to get out and move on.  Tears & all!
Although Hudson wasn't tall enough I was officially over 42 inches (*yep, as a 3 yr old!) and got to be Daddy's co-pilot on the bumper cars.  I tried to drive on our next turn but struggled a bit so turned things back over to Dad.  I didn't mind though it was so much fun.  After it was over I was very excited to tell Hudson & Mom that "we got to crash into things; that is soo cool!"
We also enjoyed multiple trips on the transportation rides picking out different vehicles each time.  Here's Hudson & I in the dune buggy!  He was all smiles & loved all the rides; our little thrill seeker!
I wanted to be like Daddy & rode the snowmobiles - how very Minnesotan of me!  Again, another new Hayden pose!
Hudson loved the fire truck the most and was all giggles the entire ride! 
After a refreshing naps back at the hotel & we got ready for a fun dinner watching football, some shopping (*got Hudson's first ISU hat!) and then Daddy & I got to hang at the pool at the hotel!  Hudson bronchitis is still lingering a bit so he hung back but didn't seem to mind as after a big day we were all ready for bed.  Thank you Grandma/pa Sergeant for the tickets for such a fun day.  Only problem is I keep asking when do we go back!
 
Day 1 of our trip done; up next day 2 - the Blank Park Zoo!