Now that Mother's Day is over I want to show you what I made for her (*with the help of my daycare ladies!). Yep, those may look like flowers but are really my hands & feet. Pretty cool, huh? I think Mom liked them a lot.
As you may know my Uncle Jared is getting married to my soon-to-be Aunt Ashley on June 26th. So on May 15th I went with Grandma Anne and Mom to Sioux Falls, SD for the first time for her bridal shower. I got to meet all of Aunt Ashley’s family & friends and had a really good time. We even got to go to her final dress fitting and saw the beautiful bride-to-be. The dress was so pretty I wanted to touch it but Mom wouldn’t let me. Afterwards I met my Uncle Jared for dinner and we traded hats. I have to say I look good in both hats but he doesn’t look good in mine. Sorry Uncle Jared. Here we are:
While we were in Sioux Falls we stopped at Kids Stuff and got my first highchair. I even test drove a few before I told Mom I liked this one. I look good if I do say so myself. I ate rice cereal for the first time with Mom & Dad on Sunday, May 16th at my 1 p.m. feeding in my new chair. I ate it right up and got a little mad when they weren’t going fast enough. For some reason Mom & Dad kept taking my picture and I kept trying to tell them I was hungry and feed me already. As you can see they kept laughing at me so I just got madder. They learned though as I spit up on them a little bit later. I got the last laugh!
On Wed., May 19th I got to go to my Grandma Judy’s retirement coffee. I had a lot of fun because I got to see my Aunt Jenni, favorite cousin Hannah, my great grandparents, Prestegard and Fenske, and lot of other fun individuals. I’ve decided my Grandma decided to retire so she could spend more time with Hannah and me. We are pretty fun people.
This weekend I got to go to Waterloo, IA with Mom for my Aunt Ashley’s bridal shower from our side of the family. On Friday, May 21st we met our cousin Danielle and two of her kids, Camille and Maddox. Maddox is 9 months and I’m 6 months, 3 months apart just like Mom & Danielle. We had our pictures taken together like Mom and Danielle did when they were kids but apparently they said they wouldn’t make us pose with weird things like fake plastic telephones and squeaky stuffed animals. I guess that was “in” in the 80’s. I can’t wait to see the proofs we looked GOOD! We played together for a little bit afterwards and then I got to see my Great Grandma Mary Vogel. I just missed Grandpa Richard but had so much fun hugging and playing with Grandma Great. Hope to see them all again soon. Saturday, May 22nd we had the shower at Grandma & Grandpa Sergeant’s for Aunt-to-be Ashley and here’s a picture with me and the ladies. I got to eat at the table like a big boy with everyone else. We had a lot of fun.
After we got all cleaned up I got to meet Grandma and Grandpa Vogel for dinner. I got to play a little and show off my sitting skills. Wish we could have hung out longer. Had a busy couple of weeks but my Dad was even busier! He and Grandpa Allen were finishing up planting and are now done! I’m so excited because that means Dad is home more to play with me. This past week we even went on a walk, just us dude’s because Kato came too, and hung outside in our “shop”. Mom was planting flowers but it was more fun to work on our new work bench we’re building. After a bit I got tired and Dad & I went to bed. Can’t wait for more fun summer times!
Have a great week. Love, Hayden XOXO







