I had such a fun weekend I can't wait to tell you all about it. On Thursday night I stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Prestegard's for a fun visit. Grandma even fed me rice cereal. It was soo good Grandma couldn't get it to me fast enough - I was hungry! Then we played, giggled and got lots of hugs. What a way to start off my weekend!On Friday Mom and I hung out and even ran a few errands. I was a big boy and sat up in the shopping cart at the grocery store! It was so much fun looking around outside the world of my car seat. I've practiced a couple of times before but always had to hold
Mom's hand to stay up right but this time I didn't need any help at all. We had to go shopping because I started eating baby food. We picked out all sorts of flavors because I'm not sure what I'll like yet. This past week I got up to eating cereal twice a day and on Sunday, May 30th, I ate baby food with my cereal for the first time! Dad picked out peas as he says we farm that some times so we need to support our crops. I'm not sure what peas look like but I wasn't too sure I liked the taste at first. I think Mom and Dad got pretty scared when I started to make lots of faces and even acted like I was going to yack them back up. Actually, that part might have made Dad laugh, a lot. I didn't though and as long as they mixed them in with my cereal I did great. Today I eat them no
problem. Dad & Mom keep saying they were so proud of me. You'll notice I'm sitting up like a big boy in a high chair at Bubba Gump's. We had a nice dinner and I got to watch all the people going by. So much to see.
Mom's hand to stay up right but this time I didn't need any help at all. We had to go shopping because I started eating baby food. We picked out all sorts of flavors because I'm not sure what I'll like yet. This past week I got up to eating cereal twice a day and on Sunday, May 30th, I ate baby food with my cereal for the first time! Dad picked out peas as he says we farm that some times so we need to support our crops. I'm not sure what peas look like but I wasn't too sure I liked the taste at first. I think Mom and Dad got pretty scared when I started to make lots of faces and even acted like I was going to yack them back up. Actually, that part might have made Dad laugh, a lot. I didn't though and as long as they mixed them in with my cereal I did great. Today I eat them no Oh yeah, I went to the Twin Cities for our first family trip this past weekend. We went shopping, even got a few fun outfits and a pair of sandals to practice walking, and stayed in my first hotel! I really wanted to go swimming at the hotel, as I even brought my swim trunks, but after I ate dinner I was too tired to do much of anything so maybe next time. Since I have done so well sitting up Dad & Mom left my car
seat in the Buick and I got to seat up front in the stroller. It was so fun looking around and watching everyone....I would get so excited I would talk & giggle randomly. I can't believe I'm big enough to sit up front already. It will make for summer walks to be way more fun.
seat in the Buick and I got to seat up front in the stroller. It was so fun looking around and watching everyone....I would get so excited I would talk & giggle randomly. I can't believe I'm big enough to sit up front already. It will make for summer walks to be way more fun. While we were in the Cities we also met our good friends Brad & Wendy Weber and my new friend & future Alpha Gamma Rho pledge brother, Ethan. It was the first time I've got to meet Ethan and we had a lot of fun. He is pretty cool guy. When we were at the zoo my favorite place was the Aquarium because I could touch the glass and I even tried to touch the rays with Mom but they were down too deep. Mom says they are really soft and some day I may get to scuba with Dad & Mom and see them in real life like they have. I got to see a trainer scuba while she was
cleaning the dolphin tank and my favorite "animal" I got the most excited for was the Sea Dragons. I'll show a picture of Dad and I checking them out. We did all the indoor trails but of course Mom kept putting sun screen on me. It was annoying! Oh, well it was fun walking around and hanging out as a family. We took a family photo and Mom even got a picture of Wendy and I playing. We were being silly with my hat. I couldn't help but laugh a lot. I must have been pretty loud because at one point Brad even thought what he was hearing was an animal noise but Dad said, no that's just Hayden!
cleaning the dolphin tank and my favorite "animal" I got the most excited for was the Sea Dragons. I'll show a picture of Dad and I checking them out. We did all the indoor trails but of course Mom kept putting sun screen on me. It was annoying! Oh, well it was fun walking around and hanging out as a family. We took a family photo and Mom even got a picture of Wendy and I playing. We were being silly with my hat. I couldn't help but laugh a lot. I must have been pretty loud because at one point Brad even thought what he was hearing was an animal noise but Dad said, no that's just Hayden!After the zoo was over we went home and I slept the whole way! I was one tired boy. I must mention that Mom's good friend Jennie came over on Saturday and I got to meet her for the first time. We had planned 4 or 5 previous trips but old man winter didn't allow us to meet until now. As you can tell in the picture Mom caught me by surprise. I had a lot of fun hanging out with her and can't wait to see her again.
Besides our family trip the other big event this past weekend was Kato's 5th birthday on Friday, May 28th! Can you believe Kato is already 5. My big brother is OLD! Mom & Dad can't believe that on July 5th they will have had Kato for 5 years. We got a special treat for Kato, "Dog Pizza"....I didn't try it, peas were enough for me, but Kato seemed like he liked it a lot. He ate 1 piece in almost 1 bite! Happy Birthday big brother Kato!!!
It was such a fun weekend it's hard to believe it is already Tuesday. I can't wait for our next long weekend; July 4th! This weekend I think I may stay home and relax as a guy can only take so much excitement. Dad & Mom did mention something about swimming with a duck though...those two always come up with some weird stuff. I can barely keep up. I'll keep you posted after I found out more about this "duck" thing. Hope you all enjoyed Memorial Weekend and remembered or supported our troops in some way. God bless all of them. XOXO
Love, Hayden




