Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Aeropalooza!

On Friday, Sept. 16th I went to daycare for part of the day, Dad even dropped me off! as Mom had to work.  I had a pretty good day and that evening Mom & Dad were impressed as I'm now consistently putting my cup and/or dishes in the sink when I'm done eating.  Mom had to laugh as one morning this past week I happen to put my cup in the bathroom sink rather than the kitchen but that only happened once!

On Sat., Sept. 17th Mom went in to work early to set-up for their big family & friends open house called Aeropalooza!  Dad and I had a dude morning and Dad thought I was pretty cute as apparently when we were getting dressed I pointed to Dad's tummy and said, "Baby" for the first time.  Dad said no baby is in Mom's tummy and so I pointed to my tummy and Dad said no Mom's tummy and apparently I looked a little confused.  Mom & Dad were pretty pumped I said baby finally though.  After we got ready we met up with Grandpa Allen, Grandma Judy and Great-Aunt Patti to attend Mom's work open house.
 When we got there I was excited to see fire trucks!  The Blue Earth Fire Department had a couple of trucks there with firefighters and everything.  I got my own hat which you can see above I didn't want to put on but Dad kept trying and I even got to ride in one of the fire trucks!
 Here's me sitting on Grandpa Allen's lap during my fire truck ride, it was kind of dark to take a picture, but the best part was we got to pull down on string that makes the horn go off.  I got to ride with Mom's work friend Kae and her family, George and Logan.  We had an excellent time.
 After the fire truck ride I got to explore the plant a bit and then met up with Mom for lunch.  We had brats and hot dogs, fruit, beans, chips, etc.  I even got to try a rootbeer float!  Here's me exploring with Grandma Judy and Grandpa Allen above.  After lunch we all went on a tour of the plant and I got to explore some more.
 Here's me in the Cable Build area trying to toot a horn which really wasn't a horn.  It's actually meant to hold cables but who knew?!
 I thought the giant spools of wire were really neat and I really wanted to spin them around and/or climb on them.  They were kind of heavy to move though.
 We did a lot of walking on the tour so I got a ride from Dad and held on tight to his ears!  Here's Dad, Mom and I listening during the tour.
 After the tour we played some of the kids games including the Duck Pond and Go Fish!  Here's me picking my lucky duck with Mom.  I won Play-Doh!
 Here's Mom's work friend Michelle helping me Go Fish and again I won!  This time I won some candy and fun flash cards.  I really just wanted to play in the water though.
Here's us taking a break in Mom's office; I worked up quite a thirst.  We had an excellent time and I was tired out and took a long nap when we were done.  I should mention Dad & Mom played in the Sweet Sixteen Bean Bag Tournament and did pretty good.  They didn't place but we cheered for them!
On Sun., Sept. 18th we had a relaxing day of church and family.  It was my Great, Great-Grandma Doris' birthday so after my nap we met everyone at St. Luke's to celebrate her special day.  We had fun having snacks (*I kept sneaking chips from the table), ice cream cake and singing.  Here's me with Grandma Doris playing tractors. 
 Here's me singing and dancing with Aunt Karol and Aunt Bonnie.
 I had fun hanging out and chilling with my Grandpa Allen.
Here's Great Grandpa Omar, Grandpa Allen, Great Grandma Alice, Great, Great Grandma Doris, Dad and I taking a five generations picture!  What a family!
On Monday, Sept. 19th I had a good day at daycare.  We got to paint with apples and sang fun apple / harvest songs in the Little Sprouts room.  Mom picked me up early from daycare to have dinner before our first Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) Toddlers & Twos class.  The class is for kids 12 - 35 months and is meant to have active parent/child time and then at the end of class parents leave for a bit to discuss specific toddler topics.  Mom thought it would be something fun for us to do while Dad is gone for harvest.  Our class goes from 6 to 7:30 p.m. each Monday night for 7 weeks.  Our first night was more of an introduction but we did make a "peek-a-boo" which is a fun animal that we put on a stick and use to peek-a-boo during song/circle time.  We made a red ladybug which I got to paint spots on.  I was excited to see some of my friends from daycare there and had a great time.  The best part was they had shelves upon shelves of trucks!  Here's me playing with one of the trucks; I can't wait for next week!

Today, Sept. 20th, at daycare we learned more about apples and harvest and found out what colors apples are...red, yellow, green, etc.  We even got to paint a few more!  I love painting and get a little sad when we have to stop.  Hopefully we'll paint more this week.