Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Well, we haven't given you an update on what we've been learning at daycare in August so I thought I'd catch you up.  This past month has been one of change meaning we've been reflecting on how far we've come in our toddler room.  We started the spring/summer sleeping in cribs and eating from highchairs, and now we've all transitioned to sleeping on cots & eating at our own table & chairs.  We even sit still until told excused.  How we're growing up.  We've been working on keeping our feet on the floor, using gentle touches, taking turns & sharing, sitting for circle time and holding hands with friends as we move from room to room or place to place.  We wash our hands at the sink and can pull down our own paper towels (*which can be really fun!).  As you know we paint, color & glue and learning to tear up paper and/or work with scissors.  I am a little sad to see my best friend Ethan move-up to the Little Sprouts room in September however I have been getting to spend some time there on & off so he's not too far away.  Some of our other friends are moving up as well and some newer ones will be coming in.  Change can be tough but it sure has been lots of fun too.

On Monday, Aug. 29th I went back to daycare for the first time in a week and half!  I had a little trouble settling down at nap time although I did get to take my new tractor mat but overall I had a great day.  Mrs. Jean thinks I'm very expressive and thought I was funny today at the face I made when the toy I was playing with did something unexpected and then I giggled & of course said, "Wow!"  On Wed., August 31st I got the spend the day in the Little Sprouts room which was fun and I got to check out all their trucks, cars & trains which were amazing & new.  We did do one art project this week which is kind of hard to see but we painted with stencils.  I preferred the yellow star stencils as we were doing a night sky as you can see below:
This week I also got to wear my new tractor P.J.'s we got over the weekend & as you can see are so fun!
Here you can see the little tractors on my P.J. pants!
We started getting things for fall as I've pretty much out grown of all my 2T clothes and need to move-up to 3T full-time. Notice I also picked out these fun fall P.J.'s with trucks on them! Dad loves them too:
Friday, Sept. 2nd started our long Labor Day Weekend which was awesome.  Friday we took Kato to the vet as we had found a lump in his rear, left leg however, got good news that it is not cancer!  They ran some additional tests and everything came back today saying he's healthy and in the clear.  We couldn't be happier.  While in Mankato for Kato's appointment he also got puppy parlor time while Mom & I did lunch and ran some errands.  We even found a lamp for my new big boy room with cars & trucks on it!  On Sat., Sept. 3rd we got to play outside all morning as it wasn't raining like Friday.  Between playing outside & helping Mom decorate for fall I was so tuckered out I took an extra long nap.  When I got up Dad, Mom & I went to Mankato for haircuts and to get a few fall clothes for me.  I sat pretty good during my haircut but got a little nervous around the clippers.  My regular guard she uses now is a 3 (*Dad uses a 1).  I had a blast playing in the kids gym area at the Mall and afterwards we got my Halloween costume (*which matches Kato's!)  You'll have to wait & see though.  We had an excellent dinner at TGIF's before heading home.  The best news of the weekend was Iowa State won their first game over UNI which we listened to on the way home.
 
On Sun., Sept. 4th we went to church and then spent the rest of the day playing at home.  We did the same thing on Labor Day, Sept. 4th, and most of the time we were outside as the weather was amazing.  I got to explore the equipment and even learned to honk the horn on Dad's 9330 tractor as well as turn on all the lights (*we didn't learn to turn them off yet which Dad learned when it got dark!)  We had such a fun, relaxing weekend it was hard going back to daycare today but I did get a special treat as Grandma Judy picked me up in the afternoon & I got some special Grandpa & Grandma time tonight.  We explored the shop, drove a tractor with Grandpa and had a fun dinner.  I love visiting the shop & hanging with the men.  I missed Dad today though as he was gone to the Cities today for work but it is always good to give him lots of hugs when he gets home.  Hope you're having a great week too!