Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Love the Vikings & I'm 22 Months Old!

This week marked my first week with the Little Sprouts Room!  I will be spending my Mondays and Tuesdays in there and Wednesdays and Thursdays in Tiny Tots for a bit longer.  I had a great first day on Mon., Sept. 12th in which we spent a lot of time outdoors enjoying the sunny, warm weather and sang lots of fun songs.  Some are new to me like "Playing with Friends" and the "Nut Song" which is great as I love learning the new songs and the actions that often go with them.  They tell Mom I really enjoy story & song time each day and love to dance too!
Today, Tues., Sept. 13th I wore my Vikings pull-over to daycare and I kind of refused to take it off!  I didn't get too warm as the air outside was a little cooler today but they did make me take it off during nap time so I wouldn't get too hot.  I got a little upset over this so Mrs. Jean compromised with me and allowed me to nap with it!  They did help me put it back on right after nap time again!  I guess they didn't realize that Dad and I are super excited for our home opener this Sunday.  Go Vikings!
Today we had our carpets cleaned so when we got home Mom asked me what happened to all our furniture & this was the look on my face when I answered, "uh-oh!"  She thought it was pretty cute.   How I've grown from last year when I was just sitting up and starting to crawl when we had our carpets done!  Here's me a little over 1 year ago...what a difference!
Then I had fun running all over without any furniture in my way...

After dinner & bath time Dad & I enjoyed the furniture free living room with some wrestling!
 When Dad & I play one of the things Dad loves to do to me to watch my reaction is to pull my waist down just below part of my diaper so it looks like I have saggy pants. This really bugs me and then Dad giggles while I keep trying to pull my pants back up like in the picture above. Poor me!
 Today I turned 22 months old!  Here are some of my changes over the past month:
  • My vocabulary continues to grow including words like "car", "airplane", "don't know", "close", "down", "up", "open", etc.
  • I now take showers in addition to baths as I feel more independent & more of a big boy.  I also wash & dry my hands before I eat and/or when I need to clean-up.   
  • I play really well with Legos and blocks now; stacking them, building with them and I still love knocking them down!
  • I follow 2-part instructions really well like "hand me your cup or plate", "turn on/off something like the lights/TV", "shut or open the door", "help pick-up toys", etc.
  • I'm getting really good at completing puzzles and I am very curious how things work.  I love taking things apart and inspecting them to learn all I can.
  • I'm doing better at eating with my spoon & fork and even tackling soft items like yogurt & applesauce and make my mouth more than I miss!
  • I'm taking naps in my big boy bed, I am settling down better at night since my tubes surgery and barely wake-up during the night in pain anymore.  I also haven't had an ear infection since!  We have my next check-up in October so we'll know if a true success however so far so good.
A lot of big events have happened this past month between transitioning to my new room to having tubes surgery to moving up to the next room at daycare it seems like I'm not slowing down a bit!  Dad & Mom are so proud of how I'm growing and maturing it will be fun to see what happens this next month.