Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fun at home...

The week before Easter we got to paint and color lots of Easter eggs as part of our April units include eggs & chicks.  Our teachers even gave us cute bunnies (*washcloths twisted & tied to look like a bunny) and bubble wands.  Thank you!  Here's my colored eggs; I made the purple one for Mom as that's her favorite color.  Other April units include dirt/mud, zoo animals, rain/water, farm animals and Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme.  I'm also working on my ABC's & colors/shapes.  I now count to 10 on my own so now working on counting in "2's" and counting to 20.  Wish me luck!
At daycare on April 9th & 10th I enjoyed learning about dirt/mud by playing with trucks & tractors!  A unit I can really understand.  We also worked on eye/hand coordination with tearing paper & gluing along with practicing our letters by writing & coloring our names.  On the 11th we got to do a fire drill and practice lining up & going to our safe place.  Afterwards we even got to go on a walk!  Hudson got to experience his first fire drill too but more importantly is rolling over more (*still stomach to back) and loves looking at faces & into the mirror.  On April 12 - 14th Mom had to go to Ames for meetings so Hudson got to with & hang out with Grandma Anne.  It was his first trip to Iowa State!  I got to go to daycare and hang with Dad & Grandma Judy.  I had lots of fun playing with my new train set and of course with trucks & tractors!
It was fun to have everyone together again on Saturday and on Sun., April 15th after church Mom & I put Hudson's (*formally mine) saucer together.  He wasn't quite sure what to think as so much to look at.  He seems to enjoy the dragonfly the most as kept smiling at it & kept trying to eat it!
We had fun playing "roll over" with Hudson Sunday night; here's us men!
Bath time for Hudson!  He's more interactive in the tub and always gets the giggles just before bed each night.  Happy little guy!

On Monday, April 16th we returned to daycare and Hudson returned to the chiropractor. He got another adjustment, although minor, and we think everything has been helping his movements as he's becoming more regular. We go back on the 30th so we'll see! At daycare on the 16th I enjoyed playing basketball! I even made it through the yellow hoop a couple of times. On the 17th for our zoo animal unit I got to dress up like a zoo keeper! We even got to pull animals out of a bag & come up with their sounds. I enjoyed the tiger & lion the best although I can now do great seal, wolf & gorilla impressions too! Today, April 19t we go to pick a zoo animal to learn about & color.  I picked a turtle; pretty cute huh?!
Tomorrow we're going to ECFE for Fabulous Friday & we're taking Grandma Judy! Can't wait for a fun weekend; hopefully the rain clears up soon so we can enjoy it outside. Happy weekend all!