Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sunday Fun With Dad!

On Sun., Oct. 7th we took Daddy to the Center Creek Orchard and we had a blast!  It was nice going back as we didn't have time to do everything our first trip.  I loved showing Dad the trike track, the corn pile, play houses and bouncy houses.  Here I'm showing Daddy how to go down the 80 foot slide; note we were racing & I won!
It was a little chilly out so we had bundled Hudson up; he was such a trooper watching me play in the bouncy houses, with trikes, etc.  We did break him out later though! 
Here's Hudson, Mommy & I as we are all about to enter the "maze".  I had a blast running around and going down dead ends.  At one point I think Dad said he didn't think there was a way out but we found it.  We even got Hudson giggling as pushing him along.
How I've grown since last year!  I was just at 3 feet last year and now almost 3 1/2 feet!
Here's us boys waiting for the tractor hayride!  Yep, Hudson got his first hayride and didn't get scared at all.  He was a champ and I loved the John Deere tractor driving us.
We got to go on pony rides too!  The pony we rode was 3 years old and very gentle.  I climbed right on and held on.  Wasn't scared a bit.
Here's Mommy taking Hudson on his pony ride and he loved inspecting the saddle.  Didn't seem concerned once while on the ride; most likely because I, big bro, walked along side the entire time!  Mommy says I was very protective, good brother.
We had such a fun day and ended it with another football win; yep, our Vikings won too!  What a fun filled, yet, relaxing weekend. 
 
On Mon., Oct. 8th we both had great days at daycare; I hung out in the preschool room and got to have a play date with McKinley after daycare.  We had a blast going to the park, playing in the leaves and just running around.  Hudson had a good day too, however, Mom picked him up early to meet with Dr. Pearson, same doctor who did my tubes, to see if Hudson needs them too.  Good & bad news; bad news is that after 3 rounds of meds (*finished last round this past Thursday) he still had a double ear infection when Dr. Pearson examined him!  Good news is we have a plan to correct this which is he'll have tubes put in this Wednesday, Oct. 10th by Dr. Pearson first thing in the morning so he won't have to go on any more meds.  Poor little guy but hopefully he'll feel better before we know it!
 
Today, Tues., Oct. 9th we made spider webs and Brooklyn's Dad brought over one of the city fire trucks!  We got our own junior fire fighter hats, fun coloring books & safety tip books, and learned all about fire safety.  I even got to go on the fire truck & do the horn.  I should mention for October our units are Oct. 1st - 5th was Fall Leaves; 8th - 12th Fire Prevention; 15th - 19th Harvest & Buddies; 22nd - 26th Pumpkins & Spiders and the 29th - Nov. 2 - Halloween, Black, Orange & White (*most importantly our Halloween Party on the 31st!).  Can't wait to show you our costumes!  Hudson had a good day too, even with ear infections, and seems ready for his surgery...more to come soon.  I'm heading over to Grandma Judy's for the night as Mom, Dad & Hudson need to leave really early...thanks for all the prayers & we'll keep you posted.