Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hudson Meets Santa...

After church & naps on Sun., Nov. 18th Hudson & I went shopping with Mom in Mankato.  We got our new Christmas tree, can't wait to put up, and even got to meet Santa at Drummer Garden's Center annual pictures.  Here's Hudson's first glimpse:
Like David Lettermen, here are the top 5 things Hudson could be thinking:
  1. You are so not my Daddy!
  2. No, I will not take that sucker from you; my Mommy told me not to accept presents from strangers!
  3. I don't understand why Hayden is crying right now and not coming near you; you don't seem so tough.  I think I could totally take you...
  4. Do you know you have something in your beard?
  5. You have glasses too?  I think I like mine better...
Although I was a little scared again this year I did warm up a little (*with Mom near by) and we got some very nice pictures.  Here are some of our outtakes:
All three smiling!
Hudson smiling; Hayden not so sure!
We just about finished our Christmas shopping and had fun checking out all the holiday stuff. 
 
On Monday, Nov. 19th it was Hudson's first day back at daycare since he got glasses on Nov. 9th...he was out a full week due to strep throat!  Poor guy it seemed all his friends just had to check out (*pull off) his glasses all day.  All the teachers think he's adorable and do their best to protect him.  I'm sure the newness will wear off soon.  The rest of our week at daycare included talking about Thanksgiving, trying some Thanksgiving foods and enjoying the nice weather outside.  My favorite part of the week was making a Pilgrim hat, complete with a buckle, and making my own hand print turkey.  Here's my masterpiece:
Can't wait to see our family tomorrow and most excited for the parade!  All week I've been talking about seeing the parade and making our turkey pop treats....we'll post pictures soon!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone - we are so grateful to have each of you in our lives.  God bless!