Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

12 Months Old!

Today I'm 12 months old or 1 year!  I even have a fun "My 1st Birthday" shirt to wear!  I can't believe how fast the year has gone by and how much I've been able to do and grow in one year.  I can't wait to see what year two has in store for me.  Here are some of my highlights over the last month:
  • Had my 1st haircut on Friday, Oct. 15, 2010, with Noelle at Liv Aveda Salon and sat like a big boy in the chair without straps or anything! 
  • Had fun trips to Ames, IA to watch ISU football, trip to Lanesboro, MN, 1st time in the combine with Grandpa Allen, 1st Corn Maze and my very 1st Halloween & Trick-or-Treating dressed up like a cowboy!
  • I'm still in the 95 percentile at 28 lbs. and 32 inches long.
  • I now give "high-fives", play patty-cake or clap more and I'm even learning the itsy bisty spider!
  • I'm down to two bottles a day (*early a.m. and bedtime) and graduated to the next sippy cup stage.  I even get mad sometimes when someone else holds my cup for me or feeds me.  I like to be a big boy and feed myself.  Did I mention I get a lot of food in my hair now?  Even eating big boy lunches at daycare now!  My very 1st lunch was grilled cheese, tomato soup & crackers, green beans & fruit cup.  I loved all of it!
  • I now stand alone, even if momentarily, and do really, really well cruising around everything I can grab on to.  I sometimes like to show how big I am by standing on my own, holding my arms above my head and then falling over or into someone laughing.   More of a game than walking.
  • Starting to understand and ignore the word "No" and using more and more gibberish / babble.  Still say "Mamma" and "Dadda" and I try to say "Hi" but not too consistent yet.
  • I love to knock blocks down that Mom & Dad build, I like looking at board books by myself and/or being read to and I like to dance to music.  Always on the move.
Up next my 1st birthday party on Sunday, Nov. 14, 2010!