Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

8 Months & First Words...

This past weekend was pretty low key but I kept Dad & Mom guessing which milestone I'd do next.  On Friday I got to spend the whole day with Grandma Judy while Mom went to work.  We had so much fun and even visited Dad & Grandpa in the shop.  That night we had a fun dinner with our good friends Steve and Mandy.  They are expecting and I can't wait to play with their soon to be little one.  They toasted the good news with sparkling grape juice but Mom would only let me have baby pear juice.  I've had grape & apple before so it was sort of as special and I did really like it so no complaints.  Maybe next time...

On Saturday & Sunday we played a lot and I even tried strawberry yogurt melts and wheat crackers.  I think I'm finally getting the hang of chewing or at least not scaring Mom & Dad as much by swallowing things whole.  I'll get there but what can I say, I've been hungry!  Sunday morning I surprised Mom by starting to bang things together.  We've been working on playing patty-cake and stuff so apparently all our hard work is paying off.  Seemed silly for Mom to get so excited over it as I've been pounding on things for ever but I guess its a big deal when you can connect the two.  We had a very nice dinner Sunday night after a wake with Grandma Judy and Grandpa Allen and when we got home Dad & Mom were getting me in my P.J.'s and thought I'd freak them out by saying my first word, "MaMa".  I think Mom even got teary eyed and the look of shock on Dad's face was priceless!  But I figured I have to keep them guessing otherwise having parents isn't any fun!  We'll see what we do next!
Last night Dad gave me a bath and decided that I would look good with a mohawk.  He didn't even need to use gel or anything.  Pretty impressive.  I guess you get what you get when you let Dad do dressing duties.  For the record I did end up in P.J.'s after this shot.  The coolest part of my new do was that it lasted until morning and I got to continue to wear it all day for my 8 month unbirthday!  Can't wait to see what Dad does next time; he has the coolest ideas. 

Speaking of unbirthdays; today I am 8 months old!  As you can see I'm looking pretty good if I do say so myself!  As you've read I've continued to grow and some of the big things that have happened this past month include:

  • Got my 1st two teeth; the bottom, center
  • I graduated to the big boy car seat from the infant carrier on July 2nd

  • My 1st Father's Day, my 1st CPS Golf Tournament, was a ring bearer, saw my 1st parade & fireworks, rode a pony, 1st non-relative babysitter on July 2nd & sat through my 1st tornado in the basement at daycare.  Scary but exciting!

  • Continued to eat more foods like 1st & 2nd fruits & veggies, 2nd meats, yogurt melts, crackers, toast, Gerber puffs, etc.  Mom boils & purees fresh fruit, like blackberries, for my cereal too.  Yummy!