This week the Faribault County Fair celebrated its 150th birthday! Dad, Mom and I went twice. On Wed., July 21st we went for the first time and we rode rides, had good food and saw a lot of animals. When we arrived we lucked out and got to park next to cousin Mark, Phoebe and Max. It was so good to see them as it has been awhile. Cousin Angie we missed you though! Then Mom and I rode the carousel and I got to sit on a giraffe. I wasn't sure about going up and down at first but Dad & Mom were impressed how I hung on right away by grabbing the bar. After my first ride we walked around the grounds and saw the pigs, cows, sheep and 4H winners in crafts, etc. Dad explained to Mom and me how the ribbons worked (*Mom's a city gal) and showed me the cows that I'll get to show some day. The ones in the picture with me and Dad are Black Angus like Great Grandpa Pete raises. Dad said I might have some like those some day too!
After we saw the show animals we went to the FFA petting zoo. I got to hold a baby Kato; yep, they had little black & yellow puppies. Dad wouldn't let Mom and me take one home though but hopefully Grandma Judy will get a puppy soon and we can play with hers. Right Grandpa Allen? :) Before dinner we rode one more ride; the slide! I went up with Dad first and then rode with Mom. It went really fast and Mom said my eyes got really big when we were done. Don't worry I was braze and didn't cry or anything; just smiled. We had so much fun I told them I wanted to go the next night.
So on Thurs., July 22nd Uncle Jared and Aunt Ashely spent the night on their way home to Waterloo, IA. We met them at the fair and I got to go on rides again! Here's me and Dad racing Uncle Jared. Of course I didn't win because some kid snuck in between us and went on 2 instead of 3. Totally cheated or maybe he didn't understand the countdown thing. You know 1, 2, 3 then go....oh, well.
Mom and I rode the carousel again with Aunt Ashley and then we showed them some of the animals. There was another petting zoo by the horse barn so we saw that. This time a lamb and a colt really, really liked me. I really liked the colt too and petted him a lot. The lamb was ok but kind of loud. I really wanted to take the colt home but again, Dad said no. I'll keep working on him.
We also saw a log sawing contest, the antique village and 150 tractors for 150 years. My Great Uncle Butch and Great Aunt Patty had some of their antique Ford tractors there too. Here's me sitting on one with Dad. Uncle Butch does such an awesome job restoring and taking care of them don't you think?
Here's us playing; as you can see I'm still laughing at Aunt Ashley silliness right before this picture was taken. Thank you for such a fun visit; I can't wait for the fair next year!
Oh, I may have forgot to update you that I've been eating meat! I started with ham, then beef, then chicken and this week turkey. I like chicken and turkey the best but I think that's just because baby food meat doesn't smell the best and they smell better than beef or ham. It also helps when Mom and Dad mix it with my cereal or other food and heat it up a little. Not bad though for a growing boy. Need my protein. I also had Cheerios for the first time at daycare on Tues., July 20th. Not flavored like my puffs but just as good. Next on the menu: cheese and egg yolks. I'll keep you posted.
Oh, I may have forgot to update you that I've been eating meat! I started with ham, then beef, then chicken and this week turkey. I like chicken and turkey the best but I think that's just because baby food meat doesn't smell the best and they smell better than beef or ham. It also helps when Mom and Dad mix it with my cereal or other food and heat it up a little. Not bad though for a growing boy. Need my protein. I also had Cheerios for the first time at daycare on Tues., July 20th. Not flavored like my puffs but just as good. Next on the menu: cheese and egg yolks. I'll keep you posted.






