Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

14 Months!

I'm officially a toddler...
On Mon., Jan. 10th I ended up with pink eye!  Mom and I went to urgent care got drops and Tues., Jan. 11th stayed home all day to get better.  On Thurs., Jan. 14th I turned 14th months and started to turn door knobs.  Yep, that's right I now open doors.  I cruise around until I find a door, I'm not picky, and then stay there until I figure out how to get it open.  My favorites are the lever latches or cupboard doors you just pull open.  I'm even strong enough to get the freezer and fridge open!

On Jan. 16th I even had my last bottle...I miss it a little bit but now that I'm a toddler I can handle it.  I've even begun to hang out in the Tiny Tots room (*the next room up at daycare - I'm in Sweet Peas now) and had gym time with the "big" kids.  I love it!

On Tues., Jan. 18th Dad and Mom turned my car seat forward facing!  I can finally really see out the window when we're driving and I can finally see the DVD player.  Haven't got to watch anything yet but they promised we'd try it out on our next long trip.  I hope its a Disney movie!

On Dec. 19th Mom & Dad made me try round two of no pacifier.  Granted I only use it at bedtime sometimes however  Mom & Dad thought it was time.  I tricked everyone to think I was doing well going cold turkey but today I got caught...I used my new talent of opening doors at daycare to the nap room, cruised over to the cribs (they are lower than normal ones) and reached through the bars to steal other pacifiers!  Yep, found my own pacifier since the "adults" wouldn't give me one.  The jokes on them!  I know the daycare ladies & Mom weren't suppose to laugh when they were talking about it but I saw them giggle a little bit.  Since I got caught now they are on the look out for me which makes it a little bit trickier.  I'll have to come up with a new plan; wait & see!