Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthday Dinners...

 On Friday, Jan. 21st I got to have a Friday at daycare while Mom worked.  It was fun to hang out with my friends for an extra day and get play time in the "big boy" gym.  I'm getting better at cruising and even starting to take a few steps.  They said once I'm walking I get more gym time so I sure am trying!

On Sat., Jan. 22nd the Prestegard/ Larson families met in Mankato, MN to celebrate Dad's & Auntie Jenni's birthdays and Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard's anniversary.  We had dinner at Red Lobster and I got more cheesy biscuits!  Here's me & Auntie Jenni.  It was fun getting to see everyone & play with my cousin Hannah.

Hannah and I met a really nice lady that worked there and she even took a real life lobster out of the tank for us.  The coolest part was she let me pet it!  You'd be surprised but the underside of a lobster is actually really soft and kind of spongy.  I think we must have tickled him a bit because he kept wiggling & moving his legs around when we touched him.  He didn't even smell that fishy.  It was pretty neat. 
After dinner we stopped at Hy-Vee to get a few things or as we like to call it contributing to Uncle Jared & Uncle Byron's 401(k)'s!  Dad said it was ok for me to take the car for a spin while Mom was inside.  Here's me at the wheel.  Note I didn't really get to actually go anywhere but it was fun pretending & sending pictures via text to Mom to say "I'm ready"!  I look pretty good don't I?
On Sun., Jan. 23rd we got to see my newest girlfriend, Addison.  We watched play-off football, ate good food and played at the Hansen's.  I love going to there house not just for the company but they have stairs!  I love climbing up and down so that was a fun adventure.  I hope we see them again soon. 

So far this week Mom & Dad say I'm testing boundaries but I call it "exploring" or "being inquisitive".  Just because I like to touch stuff they say no to I don't see what the big deal is.  I must say I really enjoy touching it, look to see if they are looking & when they say, "No", I do it again & smile.  They kept help but smile back because they know I'm cute.  Daycare is letting explore though like today, Tues., Jan. 25th, I got to play in the sand table for the first time & loved it.  I even took a couple of steps at home with Dad & Mom tonight.  I walked from Mom to Dad & then back again.  They kept trying for me to do more but I was kinda tired; keep checking I just might again soon!