Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Tractors & Spring 2011 Planting

At the beginning of May Dad & Grandpa were gearing up for planting season as was I.  What I was most excited about was we were getting a Cat!  Not a cat to make Kato jealous a Cat tractor, or at least testing one out.  Here's Dad & I checking things out...
 I felt pretty small next to it however Dad looks small in comparison too - what a machine!
On Tuesday, May 3rd I had the first chance of the season to ride with Dad and plant corn.  I loved being in the tractor and I got to hold onto the steering wheel and was even able to shift & adjust the AutoTrack even though Dad wasn't too excited about the last part.  Here's Dad & I driving and making faces:
I also loved watching the planter behind us and was really upset when it was time to go:
On Thursday, May 5th I got to plant corn at our home farm with Grandpa & Dad!  I rode with Grandpa first and here's us driving (*he let me drive more than Dad so if our rows are a little off it's not Grandpa's fault as it is my first time!):
After I rode with Grandpa we ate dinner quick and then met up with Dad.  Kato was pretty excited so he came too and all the boys rode together!  Dad's holding me down as I kept trying to crawl back in his lap to drive more but we had to get a quick picture in.
Tonight. May 9th we got to watch our home farm being sprayed which was really cool as the spray person drove about 30 mph and went really fast.  I love all the action on the farm and can't wait to help plant beans too!