Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 3, 2012

Annual Check-ups & the Train Show

This past week we've pretty much been home and enjoyed bumming around. I did have some exciting things happen at daycare though! On Wed., Nov. 28th I impressed my teachers by building a tall castle with jumbo blocks and I even put some beanie babies in the "windows"! My teachers were impressed by my balancing skills and more importantly my imagination. At pick-up on the 28th Ms. Amber informed Mom that I got married. Yes, CeCe proposed at daycare during afternoon play and I said yes. Ms. Amber watched as we got "married" and then set-up house where I proceeded to help CeCe do our laundry, cook dinner and then drove off in a "car". I must say I was a little disappointed Mom didn't even bring us a wedding present (*although I think she was in too much of a shock!)
On Thursday, Nov. 29th Mom picked us up from daycare to go to our annual well checks for 1 year and 3 years. My check was easy as I got no shots, got to show off some of my physical skills such as standing on one foot, jumping on one foot/leg, etc. I am happy to report that I'm a healthy 3 year-old boy who is 41 1/2 inches and 39 lb. and 11 oz! Still holding strong in the high 90 percentiles! Dr. Morris and I had a talk about going potty like a big boy and I promise I'm working on it!
Hudson's well check was a little rougher as he got 3 shots! He took them like a champ and when he cried I rushed to his side and held his hand. Mom said I was a good big brother. Hudson too is in the 80's or 90's for percentile weighing in at 27 lb. 6 oz. and 30 1/2 inches long. I think he's trying to catch-up. So far he seems to be developing on point and Dr. Morris feels more of his talking skills will come more quickly now that he got tubes and glasses. Should be a quick paced next 6 weeks growth wise for him.
After our visits we enjoyed what I call the tractor store or Farm & Fleet (*I love just going to look at the John Deere and toy aisles) and dinner with Mom. Friday, Nov. 30th we had a low key evening at home and Sat., Dec. 1st Hudson and I enjoyed going to the train show with Mom in Albert Lea. Nothing fancy however so fun to watch all the train displays and we even got some parts for our Thomas the Train track! We spent the next two days doing nothing but playing trains (*setting up our tracks, hauling loads, etc).
On Sun., Dec. 2nd we enjoyed church and afterwards went shopping as a family for our church family needs that we donated too for Christmas. It was fun to put everything under the tree after our shopping trip and/or hang on the tree. We feel very fortunate that the good Lord has given to us and we are able to give back to others. I also enjoyed getting to pick out the items we gave; giving input & telling Dad or Mom what to do is always fun too! Today we had a low key day back at daycare and night at home. We look forward to celebrating Mom's birthday this week and gymnastics tomorrow night. Hope you have a great week too!
XOXO, Hayden & Hudson