In September I began transitioning to the Explorer's Room, 3 years old and up Pre-school oriented room, by going part-time of one to two days a week. By December I fully transitioned and am there full time. I miss some of my little friends and previous teachers, although it's nice we still see them at gym time. I thought I'd share what my new room looks like so you can see where I spend a lot of my time...
Here's our play area and where we do some of our learning units as well as circle time.
Below to the left is our reading area and to the right you can see in back are our drawers or cubbies for our stuff. We do have a coat area in another room where I can hang up my coat & snow pants, put my boots, etc. I do this all by myself! In the Explorer's room we are learning more Pre-school based themes such as counting, ABC's, learning to cut with scissors, etc. and still working on our social skills of taking turns, talking out our emotions, etc. We are also learning to speak in front of the class by bringing in our favorite toy in our share bag. On Tues., Dec. 18th was my turn (*finally, been waiting since Sept.!) and I brought in my John Deere sprayer and my excavator I just got for Christmas from Grandpa Mark & Grandma Dawn. It almost didn't fit in the bag but I had a blast telling my class all about the equipment & driving it around. Can't wait until it's my turn again.
Hope you enjoyed the tour; I love being in my new room and once it's nice outside we'll have to share some pictures of our new playground. Have a great week!


