Hayden & Hudson's Mom here and thought Richard & I would share an awesome experience this past week we were blessed to have - the 2014 All*Star Game!!!
The game was held in the Twin Cities at Target Field on Tues., July 15th at 7:00 p.m. Here's Rich & I right behind home plate row 13!
Some of the pre-game highlights included seeing the Budweiser
Clydesdales with their Dalmatian pup, Captain.
Idina Menzel, singer of Disney's Frozen song, "Let it Go", kicked off the show by singing Minnesota native, Bob Dylan's song "Forever Young". She than sang an amazing, goose bump worthy "National Anthem". The woman has some pipes!
Here's all the players for both the National & American sides during the anthem; notice my favorite, Derek Jeter, up on the screen! Of course I being a Yankees fan & Rich a Twins we were cheering for the American league to win.
Here's Twins legend Rod Carew, a Hall of Famer and 18-time MLB All-Star, throwing the ceremonial first pitch of the 85th Midsummer Classic.
Here's #2 Jeter getting ready to lead off for his first at bat with soon-to-be named MVP Mike Trout. Amazing past MVP talking to future MVP. Both had a great night!
I was so proud that all the fans, players, workers, etc not
only cheered but gave Derek Jeter a standing ovation at both at bats as well as
when he walked off the field for the last time. Here's the living legend tipping his hat in thanks. One of the best short stops of
all time & how lucky to see him play in his 14th & final All*Star appearance.
Derek you’ve been one of my favorite players since I was in high school &
it won’t be the same game without you.
You’ll be greatly missed!
The American league won 5 to 3 and 3rd basemen Mike Trout won MVP along with his choice of one of the vehicles below...yep, he picked the Corvette!
We say thanks again for a bucket list experience and a special thanks to
Grandma / Grandpa Prestegard for watching the boys so we could attend. After
attending the beloved baseball song, "Take Me Out To the Ball Park"
comes to mind, especially the verse, "I don't care if I ever get
back" as it was just a perfect night. What a great date night just before our 10th wedding anniversary!


