Feels like summer is finally here and we've been busy at Daycare or DC as we call it. Our themes in the Explorer's Room this month include Red, White & Blue, the Ocean, Farm Animals and Frogs/Toads. We've been busy making things for each unit & here are some of mine:
The above & below are a couple of flags I made. The top I painted and did the glitter all by myself. The below I cut out and glued the strips and even made the stars! We put them on sticks to allow them to fly in the wind.
Fun spiral red, white & blue art:
We've been learning about animals of all kinds so here are a couple of animal related projects: 1) the turtle I helped cut out, color & underneath is a finger hole for me to pretend to walk him and 2) the animal strips I cut & glued all by myself.
My bumblebee! On July 30th our glass even found a dragonfly outside & have been observing it in a jar in our room. Very cool.
Here's my fingerprint buttterfly and my sailboat!
During the month of July Hudson's Little Sprouts haven been learning about frogs and caterpillars and have even been making some special creatures of their own. On July 30th their room even caught a kaydid outside which Hudson thougtht was awesome. Our rooms shared our bug findings back & forth so we could observe both. Hudson just LOVES bugs! Like us they've been learning about red, white & blue, flags and America. Some of Hudson's favorite play times at LS this past month have included playing dress-up with lots of different hats (*of course the John Deere one was his favorite!), likes cars & trucks at the sensory table, loves the surprise bag which is always filled with items of the learning unit i.e. red, white & blue items & the item Hudson grabbed was blue! Here are some of Hudson's recent creations:
On July 22nd, National Hotdog Day, Hudson used his fingers to make hotdogs in a pan that went with a rhyme & story. The bottom picture was when "no little hotdogs frying in the pan; the grease got hot & the pan went BAM!" Thus, is crazy creation!
Every night Hudson sleeps with his Tiggy otherwise known as Tigger so when he got to make a bouncing Tigger he was quite excited and very proud of his masterpiece!
On July 29th Hudson made this little bumble bee with the funniest poem & actions. It goes: "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee, won't my Mommy be so proud of me. Ouch, he stung me! I'm squishing up my baby bumble bee icky I'm wiping off my baby bumble bee on you!"
Can't wait to see what the month of August holds for us!


