Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2014

2014 Faribault County Fair

After swim lessons on Friday, July 25th Dad & Mom took Hudson and I to the Faribault County Fair in Blue Earth, MN.  We love going as it has some of our favorite things 1) tractors & equipment, 2) animals, 3) food and 4) rides!  Can't get any better than that!
We started off at the petting zoo where Hudson really enjoyed the goats and cows and I liked the horses and stranger animals like the lama & raccoon! Yep, have you ever been to a petting zoo with a raccoon? He's quite the climber in his cage.
At the petting zoo they had pony rides with 2 ponies so we got to ride together!  Here's Hudson with Mommy taking their turn.  Hudson was pretty scared but did great! 
Here's me, yep, I only need one hand!  Mr. Big Shot - no adult either!
Up next some of the equipment - we really enjoyed the larger, newer ones which we could climb on.  We even hung out at my friend Ethan's family display with the Bobcats!
After supper we checked out the crafts in honor of Great Grandma Betty - she made Hudson a Christmas stocking and entered it into the fair & it won Reserved Grand Champion!!!  That's second place which is amazing.  Here we are checking out her section.  Way to go Grandma Great!!!   
And here's the winning prize with her ribbons: 
After checking out more live stock and the ribbon winners we made our way to the FFA Barn where we got to feed some animals.  I loved the goats and they kept eating right out of my hand (*I wasn't scared!): 
Checking out some of the older equipment like this combine with a real wooden platform!  Notice I posed for Mom of course! 
Although the band Hairball was playing in the grand stand for all the adults we decided to get some Dairy Queen and head home instead.  Once last look at Hudson's favorite display, the CASE Sprayer on our way out.  Hudson & I climbed all the way to the top - it was awesome! 
After a late night at the fair of course we slept in, well only a little bit, as I woke up kind of warm so I decided to cut my hair.  Yep, around 6 a.m. I got my scissors and went to town as you can see here!  A little patchy but not bad for my first time.  I don't think Mom & Dad were as impressed - what do you think?
Mom did say she was impressed that 1) I woke up Hudson to watch and didn't touch his hair or Kato's fur as Kato watched too and 2) I did clean up after myself which was most thoughtful.  Don't worry after swim lessons we "fixed" it at Classics Cuts, well the best we could but I have some growing out to do!  Since we were early risers we did have some brotherly cuddle time on the coach with some Saturday morning cartoons - our new favorite, Paw Patrol!
After swim lessons & lunch we hung out at the shop for awhile to check out the equipment, inspect the yard and of course help Daddy do farmer stuff.  We rode in a couple of tractors and even helped move pallets with the forklift and reload the netting in the hay baler.  Good thing we were there to help him! 
The Prestegard Men!