Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

16 Months!

So on Sunday, March 13, 2011, I turned 16 months and where has the time gone?  Here's a brief summary of what milestones I've reached:
  • I now love to climb on anything & everything.  I even like to push smaller items up to larger ones as make shift step stools to get from one item to the next height up.  I believe this makes Mom & Dad nervous and apparently, they are now watching me like hawks.  No fun at all!
  • I'm also becoming more & more independent in my play & thinking.  For example in the picture above I'm getting pretty creative as I make my dump truck into a trike to ride.  Not sure where I got the idea but did so all on my own when playing with Daddy & he thought it was pretty funny.  I pick up books & read (*well turn pages) all by myself.
  • I'm now a pro at walking and climbing over things and can even walk & bend over to pick stuff up one handed.  Way better with my dexterity and even matching & pushing through shapes in my bucket through my shape sorting lid.
  • I'm getting better with coloring/scribbling and have even made a few pictures.  I think I might be right handed but I do like to switch back and forth to keep Mom & Dad guessing.
  • I'm getting a little more vocal if I like something and/or don't.  For example I get really excited & love to point at trucks, trains or tractors and even try to say truck & train.  If we're on a long drive and Dad & Mom put in a DVD for me, my favorite the movie Cars, I'll let them know when the credits are over with and its time to push play for the movie.  I also let them know when I'm hungry & want/need more food!
  • My temperament seems to be mild & almost always happy as the other day at Daycare one of the little girls bit me as I was standing where she apparently wanted to be.  She then started to cry and get really upset but I just continued to stand there, didn't cry or get mad or anything just stared at her wondering what was wrong.  I then patted her on the back to make sure she was ok.  The adults seemed to be impressed by this but I was just concerned & didn't see what the big deal was.
  • I'm now hitting the stage where I get a little sad when Mom & Dad leave me at Daycare but that means I also get really excited when they pick me up and I even run over with my arms wide open for a big hug.  They said that always makes their days.
As you can see I continue to grow and am able to more & more...pretty exciting stuff!