During the night on March 17th I had a hard time sleeping through the night and by mid-morning my temp was back up to 102 degrees. Mom & I made what seems like our weekly trip to the doctor and sure enough the "strong" medicine couldn't beat my double ear infection...going on 5 straight weeks of ear infections now. To eliminate potential underlying infections vs. just having ear problems our regular doctor and a pediatrician ran a bunch of tests on me. This included having blood drawn out of both arms (*thus, being held down by 2 nurses and Mom), had a shot in each leg and even had to wear a pee pee bag for a urine test. This whole experience was awful and by the end both I and Mom were crying. When anyone with scrubs came into the room I'd actually start crying on the spot and climb up Mom's neck as far as I could to get away. They did try to butter me up by giving me two rubber duckies, one as a "cow" and one a "pig" which I must say I do like now but didn't work then!
The good news all my test results came back negative or in the normal ranges so we know its just my ears. The two shots gave me an extra boost to try to kick the infection and then I got an adult dose of antibiotics. At first it was hard on my tummy but got better after a few days. All & all we were at the doctors for over 4 hours and then had to go to the Pharmacy too. While we waited for my prescription Mom took me to look at toys and I fell in LOVE with the melody push chime (*like the old fashioned push poppers) sooo much I grabbed for it and even wouldn't let the clerk pry it out of my hands when Mom "had" to pay for it. I now imitate Mom vacuuming with it which is fun. Basically I'm on this new medication and we go back to the doctor next week to see if I'm in the clear & what our next steps are.
Mom & Dad were so proud of me of how brave I was on Sat., March 19th Dad took me to the John Deere deader to buy me my first "dealer" tractor - not a real one but a toy one! I fell asleep on the way home and of course Dad caught a picture. Yes, I was pretty proud of my new tractor so I didn't even let it go during my quick nap. It's a front loader and I love playing with it. On Sunday, March 20th I hit two big milestones; I started to feed myself with a spoon & I was finally able to climb up on the coach without help. I love to run across the coach but apparently Mom & Dad don't think it is as much fun as I do and always make me get down. I've only fallen off once but Dad caught me along with some pillows. Sure is fun getting bigger!



