Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another Ear Infection...

On Mon., Feb. 21, 2011, I woke up with a temperature of 102 and not feeling so well.  Mom took me in to the doctor and I had my 5th ear infection but my first one in my right ear.  As you know the last couple of weeks I've been a little under the weather due to the stomach flu and haven't been 100% yet and this knocked me down a little bit more.  I do think Mom enjoyed the extra cuddling though.  I continued to have a mild temp all week but by Fri., Feb. 25th my medicine was working and I was almost Happy Hayden again (*my nickname at daycare).

On Fri., Feb. 25th Mom & I met Grandma Anne in Ames, IA for Mom's ISU meetings & my one-on-one Grandma time.  I had a blast playing, exploring the Gateway Hotel and having lots of extra attention.  Here's me & Grandma having a morning snack.  During my hotel explorations I made lots of friends and my favorite was the restaurant manager.  On Sat., Feb. 26th we were eating breakfast there & he even brought me my own mini-stack of pancakes which were delicious!  I felt pretty special.

As you can see my hair was getting pretty long so after Mom was done with her meetings Grandma, Mom & I had lunch at Hickory Park (*with sherbet for dessert!) and then I got my 3rd haircut.  We went to Great Clips and Jennifer was my stylist.  Here we are in the middle of my cut.  I loved the penguin cape and she even gave me dinosaurs to play with during the cut!

Although she did a good job and I looked  "good" when we were done she was a bit firm.  I think she even tried to put me in a headlock when she used the clippers on my neckline.  Well, key word is tried as Mom stepped in and saved me.  We made it through though & here's me in the beginning being not so sure...

Afterwards we quick ran next door to Hobby Lobby and Mom & I were being silly while we shopped.  Here's me wearing a flower on my head as Mom thinks she was being funny however my face says it all.  Meaning, seriously Mom?  In public?  Geez...I did get her back for when we were playing & I was pulling her face towards me I pushed her head down & she hit her head pretty hard on the shopping cart bar which left a mark.  That was really funny & we were both laughing, well, until a lady came up & asked Mom if she was ok.  That just made it even funnier.

On Sun., Feb. 27th we celebrated Grandma Judy's birthday by having her and Grandpa over for dinner.  The best part was getting to blow birthday horns, which they teased me with, and eating more ice cream.  We played all the way up til bedtime and had so much fun.  What a great weekend!