Angelic Hayden? Nah, peek-a-boo!
At 19 months I've been a growing and a changing faster than ever or so Mom & Dad think so! Here's what I've been up to:
- I am better at telling Mom & Dad what I want whether it is "more" to drink in sign language or "more" to eat. Still working on using utensils but am close to not throwing my cup when I'm done drinking now. Big triumph there!
- I use more words & on a regular basis such as puppy, bye-bye, hi, etc. I also love to say hi or bye to everyone around me. I love to chase or throw balls, run around & explore and love to play in water.
- I am very particular about my vehicles and where they park. I now have designated "garages" for them including the entertainment center (*which I make Mom remove any of her stuff), the ottoman (*which I make Dad remove his feet if they are up there) and I even park them in a straight line. This goes for my trikes, tractors, trucks, etc. If you move them I also notice! Here's Dad & I playing and me showing him how to line them up properly. Unfortunately Dad likes to move them on me so I have to fix it all over again.
- I'm also better at doing big boy activities such as washing my hands (*with help), going up & down stairs by walking, hold hands when asked and/or go where I'm told when asked (*usually). I also walk into & out of daycare with little help and even help open & shut doors including to the center or to our "truck". I bring my shoes & coat to Mom or Dad when I'm ready to go outside or go in general. Which I'm always ready to go!
- I've even stood in front of my class at daycare and sang "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with arm actions! I know the first line and that's about it but I will still keep rowing.
- On Thursday, June 16th I got my mid-term report from Mrs. Jean which stated that I've been making significant development in learning expectations and to sit at appropriate times & wait my turn. She said I've learned to be a friend and like to give hugs to my friends. She says I embrace everything whole-heartedly and the best word to describe me is "Eager"! I have a "lust for life"!
- As promised here is some of my artwork from this past week; we colored on June 13th & 14th and played with farm yard stamps on the 16th:
My purple cow:
My green & red tractor - I guess I'm trying to please everyone:
Our farm yard stamps - do you see the barns, pigs & tractors? I like to make the pig nose faces too.
On Friday, June 17th I went with Mom & Dad to our baby's doctor apt and heard L.B.'s heartbeat for the first time! It was 156 beats per minute, Mom says the same as my first apt. I must admit I did get a little scared seeing Mommy lying down getting looked at & got the big lip with big tears but felt much better after Mom held me for a bit. Everything checked out good and seemed L.B. was measuring about a week ahead. We go back again on July 15th for our first ultrasound and look at the baby. Not sure if we'll find out or not but we have time to decide. Can't believe in about 6 months I'll be a big brother!


