On Sat., June 18th Mom & I baked & decorated red velvet cupcakes for Dad for Father's Day. Yep, I poured in all the ingredients and I love sitting up on a step stool to see all the action in the mixer. If Mom gives me my own bowl & spoon I even pretend I'm cooking too! On Sun., June 19th we celebrated Father's Day by waking Dad up with pancake breakfast, church and then a relaxing afternoon. We met up with Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard for dinner and went to Albert Lea together. As part of becoming a big brother on June 17th I got a John Deere DVD for car rides and a little Johnny Tractor & Corey Combine set. Since we rode together I got to show off both! Grandpa & Grandma thought they were both really neat and I think they too like Harvey the Horse and Doodle the Rooster as much as I do. After dinner we got to eat our cupcakes and it was messy & really good. I got red food coloring and frosting everywhere.
Yummy I love cream cheese frosting!
I also got to give Dad his presents. I made him a special magnet & wrapping paper that I colored with a poem on it at daycare. The magnet says, "I love you to pieces Dad" with puzzle pieces we cut out around the edging. Here's a picture of my awesome works of art:
Closer look at the poem:
I also dedicated a superhero book to Dad which Mom & I uploaded his picture to this site and it created a book about him with him in it! He couldn't believe it when he opened it and we got some fun pictures:
Me & my Daddy!
Surprise Dad you're a superhero! Well, my hero!
Dad & his book; don't you think he looks great in a cape? We got him some other fun gifts but this one by far was the funniest! Dad said he had an awesome day & I did too. On Mon., June 20th I had a great day at daycare pretending in our cardboard barn we made, had a blast jumping in the big air jumper and playing with the beans sensory table. Mom & I went grocery shopping afterwards & I must have been a little hungry as I picked up a grapefruit & bit into it! It did not taste the best but Mom sure enjoyed the face I made. Trust me when I tell you if you have a choice between biting into a grapefruit or a banana stem go for the grapefruit as the banana stem is what I bit into next! I was spitting out pieces the rest of the time at the store. Mom did get me a bottle of water and a treat though so it worked out ok! On Tues., June 21st & 22nd Dad & I continued our "dude" time as Mom was out of town for work. Dad & I checked crops together, got to go 4-wheeling and even grilled out together. Dad had brats and I had hot dogs. We had a great time; it was fun to give Mom a big hug when she got back though!


