On Thursday, June 9th my Uncle Jared picked me up from daycare & babysat me! I was so excited to see him I ran to him and gave him a big hug! We tried going to the park but it didn't work out so we came home & played until Mom & Dad got home from work. Mom surprised me with my new big boy bedding for my new room because I'm going to be a big brother! Yep, my little brother or sister is due December 12, 2011, and I can't wait to meet him or her. This means I'm taking over the guest room and getting a bunk beds...can't wait until it's ready to go I'll be sure to show you pictures of the transformation. To give you a hint my new room will be transportation inspired which I'm sure you could have guessed as my favorite things in the whole wide world are trucks and tractors.
On Fri., June 10th Dad, Mom & I traveled to Jesup, IA to surprise Grandma & Grandpa Vogel with our news. I was sneaky about it for when I came upstairs after changing into my P.J.'s I wore a shirt that said, "Big Bro". It took a bit of coaxing however eventually they noticed and were surprised & as happy as we are. Here's a picture of Grandpa and I in our hats and a picture of my "Big Bro" t-shirt over my truck P.J.'s.
To celebrate our news Grandma Dawn got me strawberry milk which was delicious and I kept signing for more (*by punching my fists together). On Sat., June 11th we went to our family's 31st CPS Golf Classic which I got to ride around with Uncle Jared & Cousin Jace on their golf cart while they played. I wasn't able to drive by myself but maybe next year. Grandma Anne shared fries with me which were good & I loved running around and seeing all our family & friends. Great Uncle Craig even walked me around to show me where people tee off, where you keep your clubs and the ball washer & golf shoe cleaner. A very interesting place to explore.
Afterwards we went out to dinner with our family at Mama Nick's where I hammed it up and then back to Grandma & Grandpa Sergeant's where I found Uncle Jared & Uncle Byron's old lawn mower, trike & tractor. I was really excited! Although I'm a bit short to pedal the tractor I'm really close!
Here Grandpa Scott is helping me to not go down the driveway too fast as it has a bit of a hill. The trike was perfect size for me and I'm an old pro at trikes.
Definitely a lot harder going up hill than down! Once we went inside I put on my P.J.'s & my "Big Bro" shirt again to surprise them with our news. Again, it took a bit for everyone to catch on but it was great when Grandpa was holding me and Dad asked him what he thought of my shirt so he turns to read it and says, "Big Broooo! What?! Really?!" Again everyone was excited and so happy. On Sun., June 18th we headed home and in the afternoon went to Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard's to share our big news. I wore a "Big Brother" shirt this time and it was a good twenty minutes before anyone noticed! I will say that it is hard to notice when of course Grandpa & I had to explore the trucks & yard first:
Afterwards Grandma Judy joined us and again Dad asked how they liked our shirt and Grandma said that it was a very nice shirt, "yes, yes, Big Brother Hayden" and then Mom said yes, as in Big Brother in December and then she got very excited & gave me a big hug!
Mom & L.B.'s (*Dad's nickname for "Little Baby") next doctor apt. is on Friday, June 17th so we'll keep you posted on the progress. Dad & I are going with Mom to that apt. because it will be the first time we hear the heart beat. A very exciting time & I can't wait to show my little brother or sister how to do a lot of stuff & to get into everything!


