This past week we've been gearing up in Tiny Tots to officially welcome new Tots and say good-bye to some of our now older Tot friends as my Tiny Tots class officially begins today, Mon., June 6, 2011. To catch-up on this past week on Wed., June 1st I got to make a flag using my hand prints and am doing better and better sitting during circle time to listen to stories, do actions to songs like "Wheels On the Bus", etc. I now love to run & greet Mom when she picks me up and I recognize our "truck" when it pulls up. I got a special surprise on Thursday, June 2 because my Uncle Jared & Aunt Ashley stopped by after daycare to hang out on their way through town. I even got to stay up late to hang out with them.
On Friday, June 3 my water table we ordered came and I helped Mom put it together and then we played for what seemed like hours! It was sooo fun & wet! Then we had to get ready to go for my 18 month pictures with Mandy and some were inside and some where outside at Steinberg Park in Blue Earth, MN. Mom said I did such a good job at pictures we had a special treat and I got a Happy Meal with a toddler toy and everything.
Playing with my new water table before we took it outside...still in my PJ's!
After a good nap I met up with Dad at Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard's for Grandpa Allen's birthday dinner. My Auntie Jenni, Uncle Kyle and Cousin Hannah were there too! I got to explore the grounds, the tractors and even run shirtless because it was so hot. I loved playing peek-a-boo with Hannah and...
...loved dancing as she "played" with her new guitar!
We even wrestled on the floor and got in tickle wars.
Here I'm showing Auntie Jenni, Grandma Judy & Cousin Hannah how to play tractors.
Dad & I played "chicken" with Uncle Kyle & Cousin Hannah which didn't work too well but it was fun to play on Dad's shoulders. He didn't like that to hold on I used his ears however they were there and easy to grab!
On Sat., June 4th Mom & I played outside some more with the Cozy Coupe & trike that use to be Hannah's & my water table. We had such a nice day we did a lot of the same thing on Sunday too! On Sat., June 4th Mom had a girls night and the best part was she brought me home Lighting McQueen Cars sandals! They light up & everything. I also got daycare sandals that are Rugged Outback in brown which look like grown-up KEEN sandals. Very cool Dad said and should keep my feet cool too!
Getting better at getting in & out of the car.
Mom helps me not to drive off the deck!
The water table has a train which is awesome & like my swimsuit set?
There are even sailboats!
On Mon., June 6 we had our first day as an official Tiny Tots class! Here's a picture of my class: (*Mrs. Jean - also my Great Aunt - is behind our buggy. I'm in the back row of the buggy on the left and Mrs. Amber, my other teacher, is squatting down. My best friend Ethan is in the very front of the buggy to the right. Such a great group of little people!
For the month of June we're learning about farm life - my favorite subject! Mrs. Jean even brought in extra tractors to play with & one to ride that Ethan & I love. We've been learning about animals and even made pink pigsicles and ate them for our snack. We've been reading farm books, played in saw dust for our sensory time, will learn about tractors, grains & vegetables yet too. What a fun subject to start off the summer! Keep checking as I'll have to post some of our farm art work too. Here are some pictures of my new classroom:
Main shot and the counter at the back right is our changing station.
See our pet gold fish?
This picture is on our front door & we made these sheep this past week to the right & we are actually the farm hands if you can tell. My girlfriend Ava is in the middle with the pitchfork and Ethan & I are to the left...here's our close-up, I'm on the right:
I look pretty good as a farmer don't I?!
Here's a picture of my very own cubby too! I'm in the middle & even has my picture and my name. Ethan is to my left and Jack is to my right. Here's a close up to my name tag:
On Tuesday, June 7th Mom took me to the doctor as I had developed a rash over the weekend that wasn't clearing up. We thought it was "heat" rash & sure enough the doctor confirmed that it was or "miliaria" known in the medical world. I got some soothing ointment and should clear-up soon. It didn't keep me down as I've had a fun week at daycare so far & even got to play with the tools today. Mrs. Jean called me "Mr. Fix-it" as I carried my screwdriver & hammer around all day today, June 8th, and fixed everything. Dad you better watch out!


