On Sat., July 16th I had a great morning outside with Mom & Dad. We played in the water table, rode cars/trikes and I even drove my first skid loader with Dad! I was a little bummed when my drive time was over but by 11 a.m. the heat wave that was header our way was starting to hit. Soon after we got inside and had lunch Grandma Anne stopped by! We played up until nap time and when I woke up Grandpa Scott, Uncle Byron & Uncle Jared had joined in the fun. They were all in Albert Lea so made a quick side trip to see us. What a fun treat! Grandma Anne even brought me some fun stuff back from China like shoes and silk P.J.'s (*which I'll grow into) and a cool hand painted sign of my name. I almost missed them because I took a 3.5 hour nap! I woke up with the sniffles today which Dad & Mom thought was a cold but I'll explain that more in a bit.
That evening we went to Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard's for Prestegard / Larson family pictures. It was a beautiful out and I even got to take some pictures with my new red truck. After we were all done we ate an awesome supper Grandma made and played outside. I'll try to post some of our pictures when we get them back; they turned out really good and Mom & Dad were so proud of me because I actually smiled! Mandy with Mcreations of Blue Earth, who usually takes my pictures, was our photographer and I think she was proud of me too!
On Sun., July 17th we went to church and then hung around home all day. I had some trouble sleeping and still had some sniffles so we kept it low key. On Mon., July 18th night I had a really hard time sleeping through the night so first thing this morning Mom made an appointment to see the doctor. Even though I hadn't had a temperature or anything she thought I might have an ear infection (*in the middle of a heat wave no less!). So at 4:15 p.m. the doctor confirmed that yep, I had a left ear infection and had to go on medicine again. We were hoping that we'd make it until fall before we had to go further with my ear troubles however the doctor said it was now time to meet with the ENT (*ears, nose and throat doctor). I go see the ENT on August 19th so I'll keep you posted what our next steps are. I do go back to the doctor next week to see if the medicine is working and the good news was the doctor approved me for swim lessons next week as long as I wear these special ear plugs and promise to not dunk my head for long periods of time. I agreed!


