On Friday, July 8th I got to hang out with Grandma Prestegard all morning because Mom had to work. I sure had a lot of fun and got to explore outside, the garden, the shop, etc. We even sang the Wheels on the Tractor (*I prefer tractor to bus) and I now do the motions too! After my nap we loaded up the car and Dad, Mom & I all went to Jesup, IA to see Grandma & Grandpa Vogel for Farmer's Day weekend. It is their local summer celebration with a parade, rides, good food, etc. On the way down we stopped for dinner at Perkins and I had my own meal that I ate all of and even some of Mom & Dad's. I am a growing boy! My pancakes even had sprinkles on them and I had 3 whole sausage links all by myself. I think Dad & Mom were pretty impressed. We got to play a little bit when we got there and I got to play with Spock, Grandma & Grandpa's cat, who I love and he even lets me pull his tail! Then we went to bed to prepare for a big Saturday full of fun.
On Sat., July 9th after breakfast we got ready to leave for the parade which started at 10 a.m. Great Grandma & Grandpa Kress met us and here we are all (*minus Grandpa Vogel who's taking the picture) waiting for the parade to start.The theme for this year's Farmer's Day was Rocking the Town and it sure was a beautiful sunny day and what a parade! It last about 1 hour and I got so much stuff. I thought parades only handed out candy but in addition to a gallon baggie of candy we also go ice cream, freezie pops, 2 different blow-up guitars, a little piggy eraser I found out wasn't candy, freebies, can coolies, and the list goes on. It was a little overwhelming. Here's Dad & I saluting our Flag with some awesome WWII and after tanks. It was pretty cool! Do you like my junior park ranger hat Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard brought back for me from their trip to Colorado? It kept me cool & my ears from getting burnt. I even kept it on however Mom thinks it's because there is a strap to assist with that!
Of course my favorite parts of the parade included the trucks and tractors. Here's a cool John Deere pulling a snowmobile grooming machine which makes the trails snowmobilers use. I hope snowmobile just like Dad and go riding on the trails too.
The parade featured a lot of floats to the theme however my favorite was the farm town float that had miniature tractors on it. It was even pulled by a red "truck" just like Dad's. Did you know that mufflers could drive? Neither did we!
The paint job on this was amazing and of course we had to take a picture of the Navy side for Grandpa Mark as he was in the Navy. What an awesome battleship picture.
There was a lot of music in the parade including bands, drum lines and the Shriner's! I enjoyed clapping and even stomped my feet a bit to dance with the music. Here's Mom & I enjoying the Shriner's.
The best part of parades is waving; here is a kola bear I was really excited to see and when he waved at me I always waved back. I wish I could have hung out with him afterwards but they said he was off to do other parades. Poor bear he must have been hot!
After the parade we had a really good lunch at the Legion where we got to see Great Grandma & Grandpa Vogel, Uncle Kurt and Mom's cousins Katie, Autumn & Andrea. I had a great time flirting with them and even got to run around with Grandpa Mark. Afterwards I took a big nap while Grandma & Grandpa and Dad went to the tractor pull. There is even a little kids petal tractor pull that I hope to enter when I'm a bit older but not quite there yet!
After my nap we all went downtown to the rides. I got to go on Truckin USA and drive my own "truck"! I was a little unsure at first but about halfway through I had my arm out the window and was waving at everyone. The second time I rode it I even went right up to the cab, climbed in & shut the door behind me. I'm almost a pro!
Then Mom, Dad & I rode my first ever Ferris Wheel! I wasn't too sure at first however sitting in the middle with their arms around me made me feel much better and I was even brave enough to wave a little at Grandma & Grandpa as we went by!Grandpa showed me all around the rides and tried to take me on a giant moving pirate ship however the gentleman running the ride thought maybe next year. It did look pretty fun though.
The donkey was neat however I loved rattling the fences and wished I could have climbed on them.
The lamas were really soft. The baby one was Mom's favorite.
After the petting zoo we rode a couple more rides, had a great picnic dinner and then had a super special treat by going to 4 Queens for my very first and very own vanilla shake. I sat like a big kid in the booth and drank it all by myself! We then visited with Great Grandma & Grandpa Vogel until bed time and then I was out! What a fun, memorable day. On Sunday we had to head home which I was little disappointed as the excitement was over.
On Monday, July 11th for our woodland unit we got to eat what bears eat, berries! We read "Jamberry", colored the above berry picture and ate berries at snack which were "Beary-delicious"! As I've become better at listening and following directions I did my first day without a high chair at daycare today too! I sat at the table for lunch and did an awesome job. I even sat until everyone was done with their meals and Dad & Mom were really proud of me. We're going to keep working on it and work on a booster seat at home. Wish me luck!





