Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Faribault County Fair!

On Saturday, July 23rd Dad, Mom & I went to the Faribault County Fair for dinner, rides and to see all the animals.  We started off in the petting zoo and show animals and even went to the horse barn where I got to ride my first horse!  I didn't get scared or anything.  I've ridden ponies before but this guy was a lot taller.  Here are some of our favorite animal pictures:
 Getting to meet the pigs!
 I even got to pet some of them and they were pretty soft.  Dad told me that pigs are the smartest barn yard animal; I just liked the noises they made.
 I really liked getting to pet the baby goats and even got to pet a baby deer or fawn.
Here's me on my horse; just call me Cowboy Hayden!  After meeting the animals I got to try my first gyro which was pretty tasty but really enjoyed my grilled chicken wrap.   We also got to walk around and check out the tractors which was my favorite part and then did some clowning around.
 Exploring a little on my own; I preferred the green tractors.
 I've ridden in tractors however this was my first time in the rock box!
 Here's Dad & I checking out the fire trucks.
Even got to pose as the Faribault County Fair Clown!  We saw my Sweet Peas room teacher Ms. Megan at the fair and even got my first "drink" bracelet.  I thought it was kind of itchy so it didn't last long and besides I don't think Mom & Dad would have let me in the beer tent anyways!
 Of course we had to ride the carousel and the cars before we left.
It was close to 90 degrees so we only stayed for a couple of hours and we cooled off on the way home by stopping by Dairy Queen to get some ice cream which I ate right up. We had a great time.

On Sun., July 24th Dad, Mom & I played at the park in the morning and I showed them how much I love the merry-go-round. After my nap Mom & I went to Mankato to pick out my big boy bed! We looked at several styles and I even got to jump on a few however settled on a Signature Design by Ashley Furniture the twin over twin bunk bed. We got to pick out mattresses and my chest dresser too. Hopefully it will be delivered in the next couple of weeks so we can finish putting my new big boy room together. I can't wait to show you the progress. I think I was so excited for my new room I had a hard time settling down for bed Sunday night. Dad & Mom said it sounded like I was having a party as I kept singing, giggling and jumping around in my crib when I was suppose to be sleeping. Eventually I did settle down but took some coaxing.

Today, Monday, July 25th we got to go to the big kids’ park again and I got to play in the "big" sandbox the entire time with the digger you sit on and use your arms as well as play with the trucks in the sandbox. It was so much fun. Up this week are my swim lessons so wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed we don't have any contamination in the pool!