On Thurs., June 30th we also made a flag by gluing stripes & painting white star stamps! With a little bit of help I'm pretty proud to say it turned out really good!
This week we also had lots of fun loading & unloading our classroom cart & tractor practicing putting things away. I also loved our new lift-the-flap truck book. On June 29th I learned to say "bac bac" when asked what does the chicken say; Mom said it sounds so cute. On June 30th we also got to go to the "big" kids playground where I found the sandbox & stayed there the entire time! Yes, Mrs. Jean was impressed I stayed in one place that long. Well, they did have trucks to play with so who could blame me?! We also made our own fireworks for the 4th using glitter:
On Friday, July 1st Mom and I drove to Litchfield, MN to see our newest cousin, Baby Evelyn. We got there in good time and had to stop a few times to stretch my legs and as Mom says, "get the ants out of my pants". Upon arrival a storm was brewing and then the sirens went off! We got over 6 inches of water within 1 hour, hail and lots of crazy wind. Mom was impressed that I didn't get scared once. My favorite part was swimming in the hotel pool. I was a little nervous at first as I'm used to swimming outside & it was kinda loud and echoed inside however by the end I was putting my head in the water and would even "jump" in by sitting on the side of the pool & "jump" into Mom's arms. It was fun going back & forth between Mom and Cousin Deb and swimming with my cousins. I was a little upset when it was bedtime however it was late and I was worn out! As you can see:
The next morning, July 2nd, we met up for a good breakfast at Swan's which actually had swans all over the restaurant and I got to sit like a big boy with Jared & cousin Owen (*he's a few months older than me) while we waited for our food. I felt pretty special.
After breakfast we headed home in order to see the 1:00 p.m. 4th of July Parade in Bricelyn, MN with Dad. I was super excited for all the trucks and tractors that Dad told me would be in the parade. I went last year but didn't remember too much. We sat with the Hansen's and Addison looked really cute in her Independence outfit!
The parade started with our very own Bricelyn fire truck which was awesome. They threw candy which I got a couple of pieces however was way more interested in watching for more trucks or tractors.
There was a marching band and a drum line which was fun to dance & stomp my foot too.
This was the first tractor of the parade however the only John Deere; I was a little disappointed there wasn't more Johnny tractors.
I loved that everyone in the parade waved which I got to practice waving back. I really liked waving at our local royalty as they were really pretty.
This was Dad & my favorite truck of the parade which was painted with an American flag. It was really large in person and so cool. They did an awesome job with this truck.
CASE was really well represented as they had the largest tractor in the parade. Dad had to explain where it's tires were however I thought this was really awesome and kept saying "Wooowww!" I only got a little scared with the last fire truck of the day as they had a really loud whistle but didn't cry just trembled a bit & hugged Dad. What a great parade!
After the parade we met up with the Oswalds, the Frandles, the Johnsons & the Hansens and explored the miniature golf course putting greens, the petting zoo & our friend Karen introduced us to her new puppies. Here's Ava and I getting to know them; we were both really excited.
When it was time for the puppies to go I even gave one a kiss good-bye!
I was pretty worn out from our big afternoon so when we got home I actually took a second nap. It paid off as I got to stay up late to enjoy the fireworks with Mom & Dad. It was rather buggy so we stayed in the car however the fireworks were really neat and I wasn't scared of what Dad calls the Sonic Booms at all. I did prefer pretending to drive the car while we waited and during the show rather than watching but still had fun.
On Sun., July 3rd after church we went to Albert Lea for lunch and the Home Depot to get paint for my new big boy room! Can't wait to show you pictures of before & after. After my nap we went to the Brumeland's for a 4th of July BBQ. I had a lot of fun playing, going swimming and having wagon rides with my friend Memphis. We even picked up a puppy a long the way which I thought was really fun however the puppy jumped out pretty quickly.
Between Dad, Memphis' Dad Nick and a few other really nice individuals I'm pretty sure Memphis and I had about 5 or 6 wagon rides it was great!
Once they brought the 4 wheels out I ran to them to hitch a ride too. I got to go a few times and it was great. It may be hard to see however I'm in the one in the middle & Dad is being attentive watching to make sure everything goes smoothly. Before we left they lit off some smaller fireworks which were really fun to watch and more my speed. I loved watching all the pretty colors & bright lights.
After such a big weekend I was excited to sleep in on July 4th and I also took over a 3 hour nap! Luckily our July 4th was relaxing and we stayed around home. Today, July 5th I was scheduled to have my first day of swim lessons however the smaller kids pool was "containmented" so they had to postpone. Mom & I still went to the pool just got in the big kids pool and Mom said I did really good. By the end I was now jumping off the side from my feet rather than a sitting position and doing bobs under water with Mom. Mom & Dad say they are really proud of me. My next lesson is tomorrow, July 6th so I'll keep you posted how it goes. Wish me luck!


