Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hudson's Baptism

On Sunday, January 15, 2011, after 10 a.m. mass at our church, SS Peter & Paul in Blue Earth, MN, we celebrated Hudson's baptism.  He was adorable in an all white satin suit and booties which were the same suit I wore for my baptism.  Here's handsome Hudson: 
The ceremony was lead by Father Leo and was brief.  Hudson's Godparents are Uncle Adam & Aunt Audra and Uncle Byron.  Hudson was amazing during the ceremony and didn't cry or stir once.  Even when Father Leo poured water over his head.  Everyone was also impressed with how well I sat and watched during the ceremony (*thanks to Aunt Ashley watching me!).  This is the initial reading during the ceremony:
Here's Hudson being baptized:
Here's are family afterwards:
Here's Mom's brother & Hudson's Godparent, Uncle Byron with Hudson:
Here's Mom's brother & sister-in-law & Hudson's Godparents, Uncle Adam & Aunt Audra with Hudson:
Here's a celebration picture with everyone afterwards:
After the ceremony and a few pictures everyone went to Double Play for a private lunch.  Here's Hudson's table with a special floral arrangement from Grandpa & Grandma Prestegard, a beautiful cake made by Juba's from Grandma & Grandpa Sergeant and many generous & thoughtful celebration gifts.
Here's Hudson's cake; it was white & chocolate marble with super good whipped icing.  My favorite part besides the ice cream that went with it was the little dove on top of the cake next to his name:
Here's everyone enjoying themselves:
Hudson received many warm wishes and beautiful gifts including an amazing farm animal homemade quilt by Grandma Judy.  Here's a picture of it however hard to show the awesome detail that went into this labor of love.  Thank you Grandma Judy!
Again, I impressed everyone with how patient I was before and during lunch.  I had a blast playing trucks & tractors with Great Grandma Mary and sat very still.
After lunch & cake I got to go to the park with Uncle Adam which was so much fun.  By the time everyone left and we were ready to go home I was ready for a big nap.  I slept for over 3 hours!  After nap I woke up with what Dad said was "wild hair" and to presents!  Unfortunately we weren't able to be with Uncle Adam and Aunt Audra at Christmas so they brought my presents this weekend.  Here's me opening it with Dad and at the exact moment I screamed when I saw it was a Cars 2 Tent!  So cool.
We actually got our entire family in the tent including our dog Kato, although a bit of a tight squeeze.  Would not recommend doing that again!
Peek-a-boo!
We had a fun night playing in the tent and playing with Thomas the Train bath toys that Great Grandma & Grandpa Kress sent for me too.  Sunday night Dad left for a work trip and won't be back until Wednesday so I was bummed about that and will miss him terribly.  Thanks again to everyone who celebrated Hudson's baptism with us both in person and in spirit.  We appreciate all your love & support.

On Monday, Jan. 16th Mom, Hudson & I stayed home all day and recovered.  We continued to work on our secret projects for family which I must say is going very well!  Today, on Tues., Jan. 17th we had fun playing at home in the morning and then met Grandma Judy for lunch after Mom's dentist appointment. (*Oh, she had a clear check-up!)  We had a very fun lunch and then home again for a big nap.   Finished the day playing and even talked to Dad on the phone and said night, night to him.  I can't wait until he's home!