Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 16, 2010

1st Haircut & Autumn Pictures...

On Friday, Oct. 15, 2010, at 2:30 p.m. Grandma Judy, Mom and I went to my first haircut at Liv Aveda Salon & Spa in Mankato.  I know it all sounds rather fancy but Mom really wanted me to meet her hair stylist of 6 years, Noelle, so we made a special trip.  Besides Dad kept telling me "curls are for girls" so I had to go, I couldn't take his teasing anymore!  That and my sideburns were driving me crazy, I just kept pulling on them.  Here is the before picture or like Mom says, "The before I have any idea what is about to happen to me" picture...
Here I am just getting in the chair with my fun, new cape.  I loved playing "So Big" in it.  Noelle wouldn't let me take it home to play with; maybe next time.
I really liked the salon because it was really big, had lots of lights and fun things to look at and there were a lot of "ladies" there for me to flirt with.  It was great!  Mom said I sat like a big boy in a booster seat, no straps or seat belts or anything.  Grandma and Mom said they were really proud of me because I sat really well and didn't cry or get scared once. 

Man, Noelle was fast! I think it only took 10 minutes or so and we were done. Dad was really happy with the end result and thought I looked really handsome.  I had a lot of fun and can't wait for my next haircut. 




Here is the "after" picture with Mom, Noelle and I.  Looking pretty good if I do say so myself.  Thanks Grandma Judy for coming along and helping take some awesome photos and being my moral support!
After my haircut we went to Drummer's Garden Center for their annual fall photo shoot and I got to wear my Halloween costume.  I'm a cowboy this year!  Note Kato is not pictured but he is my trusty horse and yes, he does have his own saddle too!   While we waited in line I got to pretend I was a scarecrow:
While we were waiting I also got to ride my first bicycle or rather, tricycle, with Mom (*I think my Mom was the biggest kid there!):

I even got to meet up with my good friend Katelyn and her Mom, Stacy.  Here's us playing before our photo shoots:
Finally it was time to take my pictures and I even got to hold pumpkins during the quick, less the 5 minute photo shoot.  Here's a couple of my proofs that show me with and without my cowboy hat.  Hope you like!