On Tuesday, May 2nd I surprised Mom & Dad with my first book called Hayden's Zoo!
The book features some of my favorite jungle animals and a very handsome Zoo Keeper - Me! I have fun reading it to them and doing all the animal sounds.
Not sure if it will be a New York Time's best seller but Dad & Mom seemed pretty impressed.
On Fri., May 4th Hudson, Mom & I met our friend Addison & her Mom at ECFE Fabulous Friday and even went to the park afterwards. After lunch we headed to Sioux Falls, SD for Uncle Jared and Aunt Ashley's graduation. The trip out was a little scary as there were thunder storms and even tornadoes near by but we made it! We got to wear shorts for the first time & sandals - welcome summer! We got to play & have dinner at Granite City with family too. On Sat., May 5th in the morning Mom took us to the Washington Pavilion to the Kirby Science Center (*Children's Museum) and we had a lot of fun exploring all four floors! I really liked the toddler's room with slides & climbing equipment and a huge water table:
We also thought Stan the T-Rex was pretty cool.
I had a lot of fun in the space center wing getting to drive a shuttle, play with miniature rockets, and build my own spaceship.
We also had a lot of fun in the music wing which even had a floor piano like the movie "Big"; Mom tried to teach me chopsticks but it was more fun just to run up and down the keys.
After nap we had Jared & Ashley's graduation party which we had fun with family and Uncle Brian even took me gigging or frog catching. The frogs were pretty cool. What a fun weekend and we're so proud of Jared & Ashley - congrats! Here Hudson & I are having laughs with Uncle Brian, Aunt Becky & Aunt Debbie.
On Sun., May 6th we were back home with Dad and after church & some crop checking spent the whole day playing at home. Big news was Hudson is getting closer and closer to sitting up on his own and did so for a few second on Sunday. Such a big guy!
This week at daycare is Little Sprout Mom's Week & we had lots of fun making surprises for Mom. Our teachers even surprised us with having our Moms call in & leave us messages to listen too which I thought was pretty cool. Monday & Tuesday we enjoyed the beautiful weather outside and did lots of painting and practicing writing our names. I enjoyed mixing all the colors together to get brown:
Tuesday, May 8th I gave Mom an early Mother's Day present as I went potty for the first time! I woke up from nap and was dry for the first time so I got to sit on the potty & went! Ms. Linda even called Mom and then I got to get on the phone and tell her "I potty, I potty!!!". Dad & Mom are so proud. After a couple of months of discussing going potty and sitting on the potty several times I finally went - I must say I feel pretty accomplished. I've been practicing ever since and hope for more success soon.
Today, Wed., May 9th Hudson really found his feet. He loves to grab them and roll around on his back; almost rolling over from back to tummy now. Should be soon. I had fun making a bunny at daycare today and we even glued a tall on him. Continued the Mother's theme with learning baby animal names & their mothers. Other units this month include Flowers/Seeds next week, then Bouncy Things and ending May with Caterpillars (*but I don't think they mean tractors). We're also working on all shapes and Itsy Bitsy Spider. Should be a fun month.


