By Wed., Nov. 30, 2011, Hudson was nursing well and having lots of wets diapers which Mom says is a sign of a healthy baby. On Wednesday around Hudson's 1:00 p.m. feeding his umbilical cord fell off! Here's a picture of Hudson's tummy free belly button in a superman pose!
At daycare on Nov. 30th I woke up from my afternoon nap to ask my Ms. Amber where the baby was. Apparently I was really worried about the baby and when I got home went right to him to check on him. Dad says I'm growing into a protective big brother and he's really proud of me. Dad said the daycare teachers thought it was really cute of me too! At bedtime on the 30th instead of just saying goodnight to Mom & Dad I also ran to Hudson to give him a goodnight hug & kiss too.
On Thurs., Dec. 1st Grandma Judy came over for a visit and brought us dinner! It was really yummy and I especially liked the chocolate chip cookies she brought as I got one after dinner. What a special treat - thank you! On Friday, Dec. 2nd I got to spend the day with Grandma Judy and we had fun visiting the shop, being outside as we've continued with our warm winter and watching all the equipment in the yard. While I was at Grandma's Mom & Hudson did their first outing all alone to Hy-Vee in Albert Lea. With Hudson still starting out nursing couldn't go too far and the trips have to be quick. Here's a picture of Hudson all snuggled up in the car seat ready for his big afternoon of shopping with Mom.
That evening Dad had a guys night out so Mom had her first evening all alone with just "the boys". We had fun playing and hanging out but missed Dad too. After having a special day with Grandma I was pretty tuckered out so sorry to say I pooped out on Mom kinda early. On Sat., Dec. 3rd Hudson & I woke to Hudson's first snow fall! There wasn't a ton outside but the roads were pretty icy and slick. Grandpa & Grandma Vogel were suppose to come up for a visit & to meet Hudson but due to the weather and a not so feeling good Grandpa they decided to stay home. We did have fun as a family staying in all day and playing. Hudson was even the most alert he's been since coming home. He still likes to snuggle as you can see here with him & Dad however in the afternoons & evenings after he eats he's starting to stay up a bit.
Here's Hudson with his eyes open checking everything out. I love to see his eyes open and say "eyes". I like to point to them & even try to touch them when I point them out however Dad & Mom say I can't touch them. It's pretty fun to watch my "baby" / little brother grow & change each week.
On Sunday, Dec. 4th Grandpa Sergeant was suppose to visit and meet Hudson however the roads were still bad so after getting half way here he had to unfortunately turn around. Again, I was pretty bummed but did enjoy hanging out at home. Since we had a pretty uneventful weekend thought I'd update you quick on daycare news. The biggest news is we got a new alert system which should work great during the winter in case of school/daycare closings called SchoolReach. Basically let's technology work for you as the phone tree to alert everyone to late starts, early releases, closings, announcements, etc. Hopefully our warm winter will hold and we won't have to use it much! If we continue to have warmer weather the fun part is we'll still plan to go outside each day at daycare as long as it's at least 10 degrees which includes wind chill. I love being outside so hopefully we'll get to each day. In the Sprouts Room for December we'll be talking and learning about the colors red and green, the shape for the month is the star and the rhyme of the month matches, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". We try to focus on one new thing each week for example the week of 12/5 we'll focus on stars, on 12/16 we'll talk about sprinkles, 12/19 we'll talk about ribbons and 12/26 we'll focus on opposites. The most exciting event of the month will be our holiday party on December 21st. We'll even do a secret Santa exchange. I'll keep you posted on what we receive; can't wait!


