Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

On behalf of the Prestegard family we want to officially introduce Hudson and spread love & cheer to you and yours this holiday season.  Here is Hudson's birth announcement / our holiday card.  Merry Christmas!
On the morning of Sunday, December 25, 2011, Hudson's 1st Christmas morning.  He's wearing 1st Christmas fleece P.J.'s and slept over 5 hours during the night!
Here I am having Christmas breakfast with my fun Santa mug from daycare.  I'm also wearing holiday PJ's with Santa on them that I got for my 2nd birthday.  Dad & Mom picked them out because they looked like little men's PJ's that button down and have a pocket in front in everything.  Very handsome.
When we woke up Christmas morning we had breakfast and then got to open presents from Santa and each other!  Some of the favorite things I got was a new wooden truck & trailer, a rug that has roads on it so I can "drive" in the house, a "Cy" pillow pet and a new John Deere DVD!  I can't wait to watch it!
Dad & I each got new Cyclone stocking caps and Dad even got a matching scarf.  Here's us sporting our new hats and even Hudson has one so we'll have to get a picture of the three of us at some point!
Dad thought it would be cute to give Mom a "Mommy Day" with gift certificates to some favorite places like getting a pedicure, etc from her 4 Amigos (*Dad, Hudson, Kato & me) in which Dad & I put a picture of us together.  Yep, we put our heads on the bodies of the 3 Amigos movie poster!  Here's Hudson, me and Mom showing our really good artwork off!  Very funny!
Hudson got some fun gifts as well like his first ornament, a book of bedtime prayers and his first Cyclone book.  He had to get something Iowa State since Dad, Kato & I did too!
Santa even came for Kato!  He got some dog treats, a new Cyclone collar and as you can see here a new chew toy which he dug into right away.  Kato was a very happy doggy after all his treats.
Here's Mom & Hudson with one of his big gifts an archive box.  It's engraved with his name and birth information and filled with newspapers, magazines, etc from the date he was born and we'll add other keepsakes to it like baby booties, hat from hospital, etc.  I have one too & I think they are very special.
I even gave Dad & Mom something for Christmas and even made my own wrapping paper!  At daycare we created a counting book using our fingerprints for the animals.  Here's the front of the book:
The book counts from 1 to 10 & also has colors.  The hope is we'll read it together to assist me with learning my numbers, animals and colors.  Mom & Dad loved it and we read it right away.  Here's the number 9 with 9 thumb prints that make up the bees.  My teachers helped me make it pretty but I think I did pretty good!
Here's Hudson's first Christmas outfit!
After breakfast and presents at home we got ready to go to Great Aunt Patty & Uncle Butch's house for Christmas lunch.  We had a great time playing with cousins and hanging out with family.  We were also blessed to have a four generations picture of Grandma Judy's side of the family.  Here's Dad with Hudson, Grandma Judy, Grandpa Allen, Great Grandpa Albert, me & Great Grandma Betty.  Good looking group!
One of my second cousins got Dance Party 3 for Wii and the best present of the day was watching Uncle Butch dance!  Here he is racking up the points.  We also got video but we'll save that for later!
Afterwards we met Aunt Ashley and Uncle Jared at our house to hang out before the Sergeant Christmas tomorrow.  This was the first time for them meeting Hudson and here's a great picture of me, Aunt Ashley & Hudson.  I was praticing saying "Chzzz".
That evening our good friends Alan & Sarah Meyer stopped by on their way to their family's Christmas to meet Hudson and hang out.  This was an extra special treat since they moved to San Fransisco.  We had such a fun night and an awesome Christmas.  Thank you everyone & hope you have a Merry Christmas too!