Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

February Frolics

On Wed., Feb. 15th we had a sad day as it was our last official day of Mommycare as Mom heads back to work on the 20th!  We enjoyed lots of extra hugs, cuddle time and activities however we'll miss being at home with Mom and we know she'll be missing us.  On Thurs., Feb. 16th I got to go to daycare to prepare for my first ever concert in the evening!  We did some extra song practice but the best part of my day was finding puddles outside and splashing in them!  I was a little bummed to see the snowman we made had melted but perked right up to jump in his puddle remains!  Hudson had a great day with Mom (*their last day at home just the two of them) practicing sitting up and working on holding his head up at tummy time.  Looking good Hudson:
Dad, Mom, Hudson & Grandma/Grandpa Prestegard met me after daycare to take a tour and participate in our February Frolics.  We hosted a bake sale, book sale and art show in the gym to raise money to update our toddler playground.  I'm pretty proud of my artwork and I can now say I'm a real artist as all I made was sold!  Ok, so maybe Grandma & Grandpa and Mom & Dad bought it but as you can see I have real potential:
Learned to swirl paint and mix colors all by myself!  Here's me as a snowman and sitting down in my puddle as the poem suggests:
This year's theme was "...a child reaches for your hand & touches your heart!"  Here are my hand prints that go with the poem.
At 6:00 p.m. all the toddlers performed in the lunch area in front of all our parents, family & friends (*we were in the middle of their large circle).  We did lots of actions with our songs and even had a few props.  We sang some of our favorites which included "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "Ba Ba Black Sheep", "Skidamarink", "ABC Song", "Snowman Song", "Shake Shake Shake Song", etc.  Here I am shaking it away:
Here's our group and I'm off to the left:
Of course during the sit down portion of the performance I sat down by my good friend, Ava Oswald, which I'm sure our parents thought was adorable!  Here we are & Ava's on my right.
We had an excellent performance and everyone was really proud of me.  I didn't even get mad when one of my buddies stole my chair during the performance I just walked over and picked up another chair and brought it back!  Everyone was pleased with my problem solving skills!  Afterwards we all went to Double Play to celebrate my performance and I sat in a big boy seat - no more highchairs for me! 

On Fri., Feb. 17th we had special visitors!  Mom's good friends Emily & Kelly came down from the Cities with lunch and their boys Max and Miller & Jameson.  It was an excellent play date and I had a ton of fun.  Hopefully we can do it again soon!  We then had a relaxing evening at home although after I went to bed Hudson got to be up with our friends the Hansen's who came over for movie night.  Don't feel too bad for me for missing out I needed my rest for on Sat., Feb. 18th I got to go to Grandma Judy's house to have a play date with my Cousin Hannah!  I was pretty tuckered out when Mom & Hudson came to pick me up.  I love Hannah and always have so much fun.  Here's Hannah hanging out with Hudson when they came to pick me up:
Our fun weekend didn't end there!  On Sun., Feb. 19th after church we met Uncle Jared for breakfast as he was driving through town on his way home to Sioux Falls, SD.  He brought me the coolest orange snow plow I have not let out of my sight; even took it to nap time with me!  Hudson a Twinkle & Learn Tambourine which lights up and plays music and is pretty cool too.  Uncle Jared is the best because at breakfast I got scrambled eggs and after I was done with mine Uncle Jared let me eat his.  He even let me eat some more after we ordered him another order!  Did I meant I love eggs!  After nap we went to Mankato to run some errands; I got to go with Dad to the tractor store and then we went to the indoor jungle gym.  I had a blast and was pretty wore out as I slept part of the way home.  Hudson hung out with Mom and got some fun stuff to wear but definitely not as cool as going to the tractor supply store.  What a big, fun week!  I am sad Mom goes to work tomorrow but it will be exciting showing off my baby brother to everyone at daycare.  Can't wait!